May 2012 Moms
Options

LO arrival and a ?

Hi everyone

I was induced on thursday night (5/31) I had my little man Ryan on Friday! He is absolutely perfect and I am so in love with him!

While at the hospital I wanted to breast feed and I was! The baby latched and everything was going good (or so I thought).  It turns out Ryan has a little jaundice to him and it got worse right before we left the hospital.  It turned out that my milk didn't come in and so when I thought the baby was eating he wasn't OF COURSE I FRESKED OUT THINKING I WAS A HORRIBLE MOM!

Dh and I decided formula was a better option for us now. So LO has been consuming formula since Sunday night! He has has about 3-4 bowel movements yesterday and they were a little yellowish. The pediatrician said that was good. Side it meant he was passing the jaundice! Today LO is contains with the formula has been eating about every 2-2 1/2 hours and has peed about 2-3 times but only had 1 VERY small amount of poop on his diaper this morning (about 8am) he hasn't pooped since so I was wondering should I be concerned should I call the dr I'm do nervous I'm doing something wrong :(

Any info would be much appreciated  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: LO arrival and a ?

• Options
    The yellow poop could still be from your bfing, ff babies poop less once a day is normal. Don't stress so much trust your instincts it will make you a better mom. As far as your milk not coming in your baby was still eating you had colostrum and it's normal for your milk not to come in for five days so you were not being a bad mom you were doing what was right and normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    not 100% related to your question, but the colostrum is super healthy for baby... apparently, even if you milk doesn't come in, and baby gets colostrum it has long term benefits. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My milk never came in either, so I know what you've been going through ((hugs)). 

Formula fed babies sometimes go often, sometimes only once every day, or even every other day.  As long as your LO doesn't seem to be in pain and the poo is not hard when it comes out, it's fine.  My pedi said anything in the yellow to brown color family is fine.  

The formula you are using will affect it too.  We have tried both Similac Advanced, which results in frequent seedy yellow poo for her, and Similac Sensitive, and that made it almost 48 hours before she went, and then it was tan and looked like a big pile of peanut butter (creamy, thankfully!  LOL) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"