Cary - how much do you pay babysitters? — The Bump
North Carolina Babies

Cary - how much do you pay babysitters?

Just wanted to get a general idea of what people are paying per hour in the area for occasional sitters.  We've paid $10-$12/hr, depending on experience.  What would you pay per hour for a young, not-so-experienced sitter?  I was thinking $8 is the least I would pay.  Thoughts?

Re: Cary - how much do you pay babysitters?

• I think your assessment makes sense - I have been lucky to have single friends willing to sit, and we usually do about $10/hour.  They're not doing it for the $ so much.

We also have had good luck with Just Playin' Around, the drop in place on Maynard.  The kids LOVE it because there are so many toys they don't have, hehe.

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • I babysitt some in the area but will probably slowly stop doing so since that will be hard with my own baby. I get paid anywhere from $10 - $15 an hour but I have 18 years of experience. Also the families that pay $15 are people that use to to live up North and were use to paying more or I use to babysit for a family of 4 kids all 5 years and younger and they paid $15.

I think for someone without as much experience and who is younger $8 would be good depending on how old they are and how many kids they will be watching and their ages.

ETA - I have babysat mostly in Durham, some in Raleigh, but I assume the rates in Cary are the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards