TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

No more treatments :-( (update)

I know I can never seem to get on here with any sort of consistancy, but trust me, I have been lurking on everyone.  I almost started posting again, then the board drama made me sick.  But all of you's guys (especially Delino (((HUGS))) and Laurakat and Venessa (((FX))) ) are in my thoughts everyday.

Well, I might be more available as I started a new job on Monday, so I will now be working days instead of evenings and overnights.  I took a paycut for this job, but the hours and work are so much less stressful.  But I found out today that a little less pay isn't the only thing I lost, I will also be losing my infertility coverage.  At my previous employer, I was already getting close to hitting my lifetime max (I might have another 2k) for fertility, so we would have potentially been facing this anyways, but now it's just more real.  I'm a little beside myself right now.

We IUI this month, and my insurence from my previous employer doesn't end until the 30th, so I MAY be able to do another IUI before that, but I'm pretty sure no betas or every 2 week ultrasounds will be after then.  So potentially this was my "hail mary" cycle and if it didn't work, we are pretty much TTC on our own from now on, which I have almost no hope for...you may be seeing me around A LOT more..

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!

Re: No more treatments :-( (update)

• I'm so sorry for the unexpected change in plans. I hope the hail Mary is all you need anyways. ((huge hugs)) congrats on the new job and better hours!!
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • delinodelino member

Hi Allie!  I've missed you.  Thank you for the much needed hugs.

Congratulations on the new job.  I hope the better hours make for a better quality of life for you.  As for the insurance, that sucks and I hate hate hate that IF coverage is not provided to most people.  I hope that once you get settled into the new place, you can maybe save up some money to do a treatment, but more than that I hope the hail mary cycle works!  ((HUGS)) to you my friend.

3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope this is the cycle for you and the worries about coverage become irrelevant.  I also have no IF insurance, and it is very stressful.  I am sorry.

• I typed out a reply last night but then the Bump did their weekly maintanence and ate it! 

My DH doesn't want to do any more medical intervention and is convinced we will get pg on our own again. Me I have very little hope of this happening without help.

I also started a new job on Monday too! Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your new job. 

Good luck!  I really hope you Hail Mary worked. 

• {{hugs}} I am so sorry hun. I totally understand not having any infertility coverage, it really really sucks!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• lavrillavril member
    Congratulations on the new job!  I'm praying you won't need any more coverage b/c this cycle works!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"