Central Florida Babies

Orlando History Center- good for toddlers?

Our son is 1 and we were thinking of taking him to the history center. He's not walking yet, but will stand if holding onto something. Do they have things for little kids to do there? Do you know if they allow a stroller?

TIA. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Orlando History Center- good for toddlers?

• The History Center is great, but I'd say it's geared toward school aged-kids and adults. I think your LO would be welcome there, but there won't be much for him to explore or interact with. If he's like my son, though, he might enjoy just walking around and looking at some different surroundings. :) The Science Center does have an area for younger children, although it's probably still geared toward more of a pre-school audience than for a 12 month old.

I can't remember what the rule is on strollers, since I haven't been there since before my son was born, but I'm sure you could call and ask.

HTH!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for the reply! I thought I would follow-up in case anyone else was interested.

We went over Father's Day weekend and they do allow strollers. Children under 2 are free and they had a AAA discount, so only $6 per adult.

Like PP mentioned, there really isn't anything for toddlers to interact or play with. They had some displays where you could rotate or flip informational boards, but they were much too heavy for a young child to do. DS enjoyed looking around and watching a few of the videos they had. It was pretty quiet when we went so we were able to get him out of the stroller and let him crawl around in certain areas. I would say we did the whole center in under an hour and half.

Overall, it was nice to get out and do something different, but if you are looking for an activity/ play area for your toddler, this isn't the place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"