September 2012 Moms
Options

NBR- Baby Birds Update (PIP)

These little guys aren't so little anymore! They're about a week old. At first we thought there were only 3 of them, but in the second picture you can definitely tell there are 5! And they're getting so noisy! We have to be careful when we take pictures because the parents will try and attack us. The mom swooped down on DH yesterday just for walking under the nest!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They were hungry and waiting for mamma so we had to hurry with this pic. That's why it's blurry lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Taken about an hour after the first pic. They had all been fed by mamma and daddy and were content. You can clearly see five little heads. They're kinda ugly right now with their eyes closed and uneven fluff. But they won't be like this for long! I've been doing a little research and in about two weeks they'll be flying away.

Just had to share this! It's amazing watching these guys. We got to watch the mom and dad build the nest from scratch, and now they have a whole family, right on my front porch!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: NBR- Baby Birds Update (PIP)

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Awe. My parents have a birds nest on a light outside their garage. They have had baby birds in that nest every year for the last few years. We think it is the same mom each time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    rsp247rsp247 member
    Love it. We used to have birds that nested in a bush by our house every year but never got to see them grow up because a cat or other animal would always get them. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagersp247:
    Love it. We used to have birds that nested in a bush by our house every year but never got to see them grow up because a cat or other animal would always get them. :(

Oh no! Crying I would be devastated. Luckily these guys are about 8 feet off the ground and there's nothing for a cat or other animal to climb on. They are safe unless they fall out of the nest.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Aww cute! I have two hanging ferns on my porch. We had three baby birds in one for about 2 1/2 weeks during the spring, then yesterday I noticed a bird flying back and forth from the other fern, yep another bird's nest!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebvandalsen:
    Aww, they're so ugly they're cute! ( My grandma used to say that about us all the time, lol) Just precious!

Lol! DH says they're like a Quazzy Moto (sp?) cute.

• Options
    imagelollypop1989:

imagebvandalsen:
    Aww, they're so ugly they're cute! ( My grandma used to say that about us all the time, lol) Just precious!

Lol! DH says they're like a Quazzy Moto (sp?) cute.

Quasimodo, haha! (Although, I never thought Quasimodo was cute at all...but those baby birds are precious!) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"