Maryland Babies

Father's day gift ideas!

What are you guys getting your DH's for father's day? Or what have you done in the past?

The first year I just got DH a personalized picture frame. Last year we tried the hand print in cement, but A would not cooperate, so we did her foot instead. I'm at a total loss what to get him. I'm thinking of just going to easy way out and get him a card and maybe have A just do a craft project. 

Re: Father's day gift ideas!

• I'm glad you asked this! I am trying to think of ideas too.

Last year, FDay was just a couple weeks after DS was born and I gave DH a personalized picture frame. This year DH said he wants a "free day" so I will probably try to arrange that but it won't be on FDay. Not sure what else to do...

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I looked on Pinterest last night and there were a few ideas, many involving hand and footprints, but I'm not totally sure. I know we both said that we wouldn't spend too much money on Mothers/Fathers day this year so I'm trying to do something sentimental.  I might have him paint a frame I get from Michaels and put a picture of the two of them in it?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Last year, we did the D A D pictures (with DD holding the letters) and framed it for his desk.

We also made DH a book on flattenme.com, where he is a super hero in the book.  It's super cute, and we read with to DD all of the time.

https://www.flattenme.com/us/stories/

This year, we got him a new shirt, a bike trailer (so that we can ride bikes, with DD in tow), and DD and I are going to make this for him:

https://craftsbyamanda.com/2010/06/dad-rocks-paperweight-fathers-day-craft.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • LLHR - the letters you're doing for your dad is SO awesome. It made me well up just thinking about it and I don't even know your dad. I love that idea. 

I also love the "about my dad" questionnaire and I wonder if DD might be too young to do this. I might give it a whirl though. 

DH and I don't spend a lot of money on each other for holidays, we typically don't exchange gifts at Xmas, bdays or mothers/fathers day at all. We are the type who go buy something of we want it. That being said, he gave me an "easy day" for mothers day, wHich is what I asked for, where I didn't have to run any errands or do any chores around the house.  

We will be on vacation in the outer banks for fathers day, so my answer was going to be, "he will get a big fat nothing" but now I will probably try the "about my daddy" thing and see how that goes.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I pinned a lot of things a couple of days ago. I'm really liking the dad questionnaire for B to do. There is also a craft that has a family tree which is the kids' hands with a tree trunk drawn on.

For my dad, we're going to do silhouettes of the kids. I think he'll like that since my parents had ones of my sister and I when we were younger. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:
    I looked on Pinterest last night and there were a few ideas, many involving hand and footprints, but I'm not totally sure. I know we both said that we wouldn't spend too much money on Mothers/Fathers day this year so I'm trying to do something sentimental.  I might have him paint a frame I get from Michaels and put a picture of the two of them in it?

I'm thinking about this too.  I saw this on somebody's FB as a Mother's Day gift and I thought it was cute. 

I did a hand print in molding cement for him last year and it sat on our porch for months (which I was pretty upset about), finally a few weeks ago, he told me it creeped him out and he thought it looked like a gravestone :((

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • oh - also - DD's preschool did the "about my mom" books.

If you do this for your DH, make sure you have illustrations too -

"Draw something your mom's favorite thing"  DD made a giant black swirl and said it was a spider web.

Apparently. ... that's my favorite thing?  My favorite movie is Dora too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I bought him a 90 min massage... thinking of buying this too:

https://www.livingsocial.com/cities/529/deals/228384-hour-long-golf-lesson-and-small-bucket-of-balls

(His bday is in August so sometimes we do a Father's Day/Birthday present like last year when he got a PS3 - which also counted a little toward his Christmas)...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"