Baby Showers
Options

Thank you question

Just a quickie: should the thank you cards/notes I'm sending out to my shower guests be from me, or me and DH? It was a girls-only shower and DH didn't attend, but almost all of the cards are addressed to both of us, if that makes any difference.

Also, pretty sure I know the answer to this is no, but is there such thing as sending out cards too soon?

ETA:  aaaand another one: I invited a mother and daughter (daughter is 18, is at college in her home town so still lives at home). They gave me gifts from the two of them. Should I send them separate thank you cards?

Re: Thank you question

• Options
    Mine were just from me unless it was a gift from someone that included my husband.  I sent mine out 2 days after my shower.  I just wanted to get them done just in case time got away!! 
  • Options

Since the gifts were given to you, I would just make the thank you's from you. If you really want to include your husband, or especially if the guest worded the card to the both of you, you could say something like "Thanks so much for the stroller! It's totally the one I wanted and Jack is so stoked about the camo print! etc..." but still just sign it from you, since you are the one writing it.

And I'm with you, there is no such thing as sending out a thank you card too soon. I would aim for the next day if possible!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    David was there so I wrote either "Love, Karmellah & David" or "Love, Karmellah, David, & Lilah"

• Options

Send them from you.  Likely the invites went out saying something like "Help Welcome Sally Sue to Motherhood" or "Let's shower Glenda!"  Showers are to help mothers-to-be, not for babies and usually not for daddies-to-be.

For a mother & daughter that live together AND got a gift together, I'd just do 1 thank you, addressed to both of them.   If they lived apart, then I'd do 2 thank yous.

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    imagejeffsjayme:

Send them from you.  Likely the invites went out saying something like "Help Welcome Sally Sue to Motherhood" or "Let's shower Glenda!"  Showers are to help mothers-to-be, not for babies and usually not for daddies-to-be.

For a mother & daughter that live together AND got a gift together, I'd just do 1 thank you, addressed to both of them.   If they lived apart, then I'd do 2 thank yous.

This. Also, depending on who the card was going to DH did sign his name. However that was to very specific people (I.e MIL, his aunt, etc.). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Since the gifts were signed to you and your husband,I would include him also. You are one, and it comes off as if you are not acknowledging his presence in the babies life, since you would be taking all the credit. 

I think its just proper.  

And if the gifts from the mother and daughter were combined gifts, than one thank you card is appropriate but if they each got you a gift, than it is right to thank them individually  

Mrs. L. Westbrook "Walking in the Victory of the Lord"
  • Options

When I had my baby shower for DS, I sent all the thank you notes from me. 

Edit: I just noticed that the gifts were addressed to you both.  In that case, yes, I would include DH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I vote whatever you feel comforatable with. my shower has turned into a community event with men outside pitching bean bags and women inside doing shower things then us all eating at the end. My husband may or maynot make it to the shower due to work and all of the people attending the shower are people I grew up with or are my family. So for me I plan on making the thank you's from the baby and I or my other kids and I. I'm almost positive that my grandmas church ladies don't even know my husbands name and most haven't met him :)

image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sent the thank yous signed from both of us.  The gifts were given to us for our baby.  Plus, my husband was at both baby showers the entire time.
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

I signed all the cards as from DH and I in the end, since all of the cards were addressed to both of us. With one exception: one gift was a big bath set for me and the card was addressed to me, so I signed that one just from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"