Cincinnati Babies

Photographers Vent

This will be my only child and I was thinking about having maternity portraits done out around town somewhere. We live in Maineville, so maybe Lebanon or Symmes Twp. Park and then having pics of the LO but everything I've seen seems so expensive! I've even looked at other people's that I know on facebook and then looked up their photographers and some have $1k session fees!!! Now I feel like wanting to do this is just a fantasy, but I don't want to regret not doing it.

Re: Photographers Vent

• MrsD1MrsD1 member
    Have you looked on Craigslist? Photographers who are just starting out and wanting to build their portfolio often advertise on Craigslist and will charge next to nothing. They should have a link to their website, where you can cross-reference their work and make sure they're legit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've used Jennifer Rose Photography for all of my younger daughter's pictures and several shoots of my older daughter.  We've been very pleased with every shoot.  I didn't do maternity pics because it's just not my style, but she does offer them.  Her prices are much more reasonable than the ones you've posted.

https://www.jenniferrosephoto.com/ or you can find her on FB. 

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would  suggest Jen Rose too. I have only used her for a mini session, but loved my pics! 
  • I recommend Sara Streit. She is much less than $1k! She did pictures of my son when he was in the NICU and they are fabulous. 
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We use Sarah Whitwell at sarahwhitwellphotography.com

She does a great job and has very reasonable prices, we love her!

• she's around the lebanon area. I have no personal experience with her yet, but the prices are right, so i'm definitely looking into it. I found her via a craigslist ad that said she does a 2 hour maternity session for $55. Hope that helps!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ash-Marie-Photography/213819878631870

• We used Tracie Jean Photo: https://www.facebook.com/traciejeanphoto and love everything we have done - maternity, newborn, and 3 month. We pay a fee per session based on an overall "Joy of the Journey" package.
     Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh I went with Smith Digital Photography and she took amazing photos of us at Blue Cocoon and just down the street at the park. Love them. It was with my big belly Smile and my toddler.... Price was reasonable and the pictures are so amazing... Lindsey worked so well with my 1 year old. I will be using her when the new one arrives. I did not pay no where near 1k.. More like well under 500...and thats only because I fell in love with them all and had to have them all....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"