Preemies

how much does your baby eat?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how much/how often your little ones eat?

I've had tons of feeding issues with mine, he is 4 1/2 months old (3 adjusted) and he's only eating 2-4 oz every 3 hours (more like 2-3, 4 on a good bottle). Sometimes he only wakes up once a night, so his total intake for the day is usually between 18-20. His GI dr. recommended increasing the calories, I've been doing that for a few days now and his intake has decreased, now he only really wants 2 oz per feeding and we are lucky to get him to 14-15 oz a day.

His growth is slow but he seems to be following his own curve. He is hitting all of his actual age milestones and seems like a relatively happy baby, just has no appetite.

Looking for some reassurance that he will survive and he's not the only baby out there that eats like this ;) Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how much does your baby eat?

• my daughter is 6 months 4 months adjusted and she is only doing 20 oz per day and that is a good day. She has now started solids and I was worried she would decrease her oz, thankfully she is still taking the 20oz. She loves her baby food and hates the milk, my pedi has upped her food intake and set a min of 20oz of formula per day. She is already on a high cal diet.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS is almost 4 months, and is taking in 140 ml every three hours and skips 1 or 2 meals at night. His doc isnt worried since he is putting on weight and everything else checks out. 

I wouldn't worry too much unless his doc shows concern.  

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My DD is almost three months old and takes anywhere between 4 and 4.5 oz of milk every three to four hours. At night we put her down between 7-8 and she will sleep for 4-6 hours (last night we got six hours out of her).

• Our daughter gets about 20 ounces a day, 22 MAX (6m actual, 4.5 adj) I'm always worried that it's not enough. She hates to eat and her growth is also slow, but increasing at her own pace. You're not the only one, try not to worry too much. Hope the calorie increase works! GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Aiden is 3 and a half months old actual and 5 weeks adjusted. He eats 3 1/2 - 4 ounces every 3 hours. Then at night, he takes about 5 oz at midnight and sleeps til about 5 am 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"