Maryland Babies

Baby Names

My husband and I decide to start looking at names and he wants a classic name and I want something more modern, but he has picked out Gertrude if it is a girl, does any one have any thoughts?

Re: Baby Names

• I think you both need to come to a decision together. If you don't like it, don't settle. The name is personally not my style. I'd work together to see if you can find something you both like. Or maybe incorporate it into a middle name?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMella&T:
    I think you both need to come to a decision together. If you don't like it, don't settle. The name is personally not my style. I'd work together to see if you can find something you both like. Or maybe incorporate it into a middle name?

YesYes  This is pretty much word for word what I was going to say.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Well,

For me, I don't like it, but I had a nasty neighbor named Gertrude and it's amazing how that affects us when naming children... (same reason I'm not keep on Christina and Catherine)

If he wants something more classic, why not look at Biblical names? There are some very pretty classic names like Leah, Sarah, Rachel, Anna and such and many of them are modern today as well.

The most important part though is for you guys to pick out a name you two like. My husband likes Tabitha and it's grown on me, but my Aunt hates it--too bad, if we like it and want to name our child Tabitha (if it's a girl), then we will.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"