Maryland Babies

Bike Trailer

I just bought myself a new bicycle and we are looking to buy a double bike trailer so we can take DD out on bicycle rides with us. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bike trailer?

I've see a few on Amazon that I'm interested in but they range from $90 to $200. We'll be on paved paths and I can't see us using it more than once a weekend for about 10 or so miles. I don't want to spend an outrageous amount since it won't get an extreme amount of use, but I want something that will last through 2 kids and a moderate amount of bike rides.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bike Trailer

• Didn't want to read and not respond...we bought the kind that goes in front of my bike, but it is only for a single child.  It is about $40 or $50 from Walmart.  I wasn't sure if I would like having the seat in the front or not, but I actually liked it a lot better as I felt like I was protecting my ds while we went on our bike rides.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also have a bike seat, and when Aiden sat in it, he wore a helmet. 

I've seen tons of bike trailers at yard sales!

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I'm scoping out craigslist and hoping to score something. DH really wants the bike trailer and not a seat. I'm all for the seat.

• I ordered one for DH for Father's Day, but it hasn't come in yet.  He has been hinting around about one, so I hope the one I got is ok.   I didn't want to spend a ton of money, as I don't see us using it all that often.  I also just ordered a single one, as I figured DD would likely be able to ride a trike or small bike by the time a second baby would be old enough to ride in the trailer.

Here is the one I got from Amazon, and I also bought the attachement that goes with it to make it fit on the bike

https://www.amazon.com/InStep-Single-Bicycle-Trailer-Green/dp/B002QAZ8WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338990616&sr=8-1

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebridetobe920:

I ordered one for DH for Father's Day, but it hasn't come in yet.  He has been hinting around about one, so I hope the one I got is ok.   I didn't want to spend a ton of money, as I don't see us using it all that often.  I also just ordered a single one, as I figured DD would likely be able to ride a trike or small bike by the time a second baby would be old enough to ride in the trailer.

Here is the one I got from Amazon, and I also bought the attachement that goes with it to make it fit on the bike

https://www.amazon.com/InStep-Single-Bicycle-Trailer-Green/dp/B002QAZ8WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338990616&sr=8-1

Can you let me know how you like it? Everyone I know who has gotten an instep model has had it given to them and said they wouldn't pay the money for one. I was looking at the double InStep model, but from the feedback from friends, its cheap and your getting what you pay for. 

• imagenezwee:
    imagebridetobe920:

I ordered one for DH for Father's Day, but it hasn't come in yet.  He has been hinting around about one, so I hope the one I got is ok.   I didn't want to spend a ton of money, as I don't see us using it all that often.  I also just ordered a single one, as I figured DD would likely be able to ride a trike or small bike by the time a second baby would be old enough to ride in the trailer.

I know, I am worried that it won't be great because it was so cheap.  I just couldn't see spending more for one though, as I don't really think we will use it much.   We both work full time, and weekends always seems so busy.  I picture us getting out to ride bikes once a month, if that.

I know DH really wanted one though, so I am hoping it is decent.  It had good reviews on Amazon, so my fingers are crossed!

I will post a review once I give it to him for Father's Day

Can you let me know how you like it? Everyone I know who has gotten an instep model has had it given to them and said they wouldn't pay the money for one. I was looking at the double InStep model, but from the feedback from friends, its cheap and your getting what you pay for. 

• Sorry, I don't know why part of your post is appearing in my last reply.  Can't delete it for some reason...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"