1st Trimester
Options

First U/S

Hi Ladies so I'm super excited for my first ultra sound at 8 weeks and a couple of days. I am really hoping to see or hear our baby's heart beat but I'm afraid it'll be too early too see or heat it.. Does anyone know more or less what I can expect to see tomorrow? TIA:)

Re: First U/S

• Options
    You won't see much at about 10 weeks it looks like a gummy bear but you should be able to hear the heartbeat no problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Las135Las135 member
    Yep, you should be able to see/hear the HB by then.  If not by an abdominal US, than definitely a transvaginal US.  I saw the HB at 6 weeks 2 days by transvaginal us.  Good luck!!!

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should be able to both see and hear the heartbeat. The baby won't look much like a baby just yet. Good luck!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    I saw the HB at 6 weeks and a few days, but when I went either that same week the midwife told me it would be too early to hear the HB. I ended up going back for an anomaly u/s and got to see it. It was nice to not have to wait until 11 weeks!

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    At 7 weeks even we could barely see the baby but we heard and saw the heart beating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had my first at 8w4d and I saw and heard the heartbeat and could see the baby. It was just a little thing but clearly a baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first u/s at 8w, 2d and saw the heartbeat (and the baby, which basically looked like a big blob).
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"