North Carolina Babies

Ladies who live in Greensboro...

I live in Winston Salem and have only lived in NC for a year. I have a family member who is thinking about moving to Greensboro and was asking about the area. I have only been there 2 times, so I am clearly not an expert. Anyone have any advice about the area, like what is the best part of town to live in? Is it a fun city for a girl in her mid twenties? TIA!

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ladies who live in Greensboro...

• I don't live in Greensboro now but I grew up there. It's a nice family orientated city. My best friends still there and they have enjoyed it in their 20's and early 30's. When I was living there after college it wasn't the easiest place to meet guys. If she's single and likes more of a night life I would probably suggest Charlotte or Raleigh/ Durham over Greensboro. It really just depends on what she is looking for though. I go back there all the time and wouldn't be opposed to living there again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live in Greensboro and I think it's a great town to be in for any age.  There are several colleges here - so there are many students ranging from traditional age to adult students.  As the other poster said, there isn't much "night life" that I know of, but then again I don't go out much at all anymore.  There are some fun spots if she is into hanging out with a more laid back crowd, and tons to do outdoors.  There are lots of activities here, plenty of arts & entertainment, and good shopping & restaurants.  It's right in-between Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and the Raleigh area, close to Burlington outlets, and also within a couple hours of the mountains ... so you really can't beat it.
    *Lindsay*
    Wife & Mom of Three Great Kids (9,7,5)
    Baby #4 is on the Way
    Due 8.9.12!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I lived in Greensboro for 8 years (just moved outside of Greensboro to get a little quieter life a couple years ago, but I still live in the same county), and I moved there for college and stayed until my mid-twenties.  There's a decent night life downtown - Natty Greenes, The Burro, McCouls, and Pour House for bars and a few clubs - Greene Street, Inferno and some that I wouldn't go to (sketch).  I enjoyed my time in Greensboro, and still go over there for quite a few things, and have numerous friends still in the area.  There's plenty of shopping, and it kind of hard to say of a "good" area because they change from year to year.  You can live in a perfectly great apartment complex when you move in, but it can become bad through the year you live there.  I always stayed away from the apartments around UNCG because they would have parking lot parties.
  • I suppose the best part of town to live in is going to depend on what you are looking for. She may want to try and live downtown if she wants easy access to the clubs and bars.

There are lots of nice neighborhoods in NW greensboro if she does not need to live right downtown. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCurbsideProphet:

I suppose the best part of town to live in is going to depend on what you are looking for. She may want to try and live downtown if she wants easy access to the clubs and bars.

There are lots of nice neighborhoods in NW greensboro if she does not need to live right downtown. 

I second the NW area of Greensboro. That's where I grew up so I might be partial to it. It's really close to a lot of places like Battleground Ave, Friendly shopping center, parks, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"