Baby Names
Options

Trouble spelling names with 'Rae' in them.... help please!

We'd love to name our little girl with a combination of bf and my sisters' middle names. They are Rae, Leigh, and Brianne. The trouble is that I'd like to use the original spelling of our sisters names however 'Rae' tends to look confusing on paper and I worry it will cause people to mispronounce our daughters name!So far we have come up with: 

-Raeana (ray-ah-na) Leighanne (nickname=Raea (Ray-a)

-Ondraea (On-dray-a) Leighanne 

-Raegan Leighanne 

-Raeannon ???

Any other spellings would be greatly appreciated, as well as new combinations to consider. Thanks 

Re: Trouble spelling names with 'Rae' in them.... help please!

• Options
    imagealimaried:

We'd love to name our little girl with a combination of bf and my sisters' middle names. They are Rae, Leigh, and Brianne. The trouble is that I'd like to use the original spelling of our sisters names however 'Rae' tends to look confusing on paper and I worry it will cause people to mispronounce our daughters name!So far we have come up with: 

-Raegan Leighanne 

-Raeannon ???

Any other spellings would be greatly appreciated, as well as new combinations to consider. Thanks 

I would stay away from Ondraea. I have an Aundrea this year and thought that was a weird spelling. This one is over the top.

I get that you are trying to preserve the "Rae" part, but it is making these look really misspelled to me. I'd recommend reverting to the accepted spelling and focusing on the sound of Rae instead of the exact spelling of Rae. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Raeleigh Anne is super cute! I like Raegan Leighanne too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I agree about the confusing spellings for sure. I guess the sound of 'Rae' is what's really important to me. My worry is that if we use the traditional spelling, then we'll lose the 'Rae' when other people pronounce it. But with all those vowels it seems alternative spellings will be confusing no matter what... just wanted to be sure I wasn't blanking out on any good possible spellings.
  • Options

What about Leighanne Rae? Or Rae Leighanne? I think the latter name will avoid the most accusations of being "youneek". I kind of like Reagan Leighanne too.

When I see Raeana and Raeannon I want to autocorrect them into Rhianna and Rhiannon.

Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options
    imageTodd&Laura:
    imagealimaried:

-Raegan Leighanne 

-Raeannon ???

I would stay away from Ondraea. I have an Aundrea this year and thought that was a weird spelling. This one is over the top.

I get that you are trying to preserve the "Rae" part, but it is making these look really misspelled to me. I'd recommend reverting to the accepted spelling and focusing on the sound of Rae instead of the exact spelling of Rae. 

Ondraea spelling is a little weird for me. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    I think Rae works best as a middle name. It just looks like you're trying too hard.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • Options

I agree with PPs that all of these look like you are trying too hard.  Reagan Leigh is okay, though...

• Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

Leighanne Rae is very pretty and flows well

Rae Leighanne works too 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options

It's Rhiannon, not Raeannon.This is one of my all time favorite names and this spelling is cringe worthy, sorry.

You are trying way too hard here. One little girl doesn't need to be named after three people, what a burden to carry! 

My vote would be for Rhiannon Leigh. 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

imageKenziesMom417:
    Raeleigh Anne is super cute! I like Raegan Leighanne too!

I like RAELEIGH too :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What about Leanna Rae or Leanne Rae? Simple and sweet while still retaining part of each of the original spellings. I agree with the pp who said that Rae anywhere but the middle name spot looks complicated/like you're trying too hard. I really think Rae is a beautiful name, but to retain its beauty, I would leave it in its original form in the middle name spot or the first name spot. I also really like Rae Leanne.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Raeanne?  My mom had a friend with this name. It not sure how it was spelled.  May have been rayanne.  Middle name could me Leigh
    BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
  • Options
    My cousins name is Raegan. I love Raegan Leigh!
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE the idea 'Leanna' Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"