Military Families
Options

Skype during delivery?

Have any of you used Skype during during delivery? DH is deployed and we're hoping he'll be able to be there via Skype. I asked my doctor and he said the hospital attorneys may not like it, but he'll see what he can do. Just wondering if any of you had any experience with this issue. Thanks :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Skype during delivery?

• Options
    My DH is also deployed and we are trying to have a Skype birth too. My doctors have no problem with it and neither does my hospital. I'm interest to see if any other ladies have had a Skype birth and how did it work. 
  • Options
    My son came 3 weeks early, so we had to Skype. Hospitals had no problem with it!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebuddrfly421:
    My son came 3 weeks early, so we had to Skype. Hospitals had no problem with it!

No personal experience here but I know ladies who have delivered at Tripler Army Medical Center here in Hawaii, and they have skyped in husbands who were deployed. I think it depends on the hospital policies and possibly the doctor who delivers your baby. Can't hurt to ask.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my mom's in Kuwait until september and Im due in August. This is her first grandbaby & I plan to skype after the birth. i didnt even think about asking... just kinda assumed the hospital would have wifi and i'd just do it! ha! easier to get forgiveness than permission, right?  : )
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    NSLNSL member
    It totally depends on the hospital.  Don't assume anything.
  • Options

imagebsschroeder:
    my mom's in Kuwait until september and Im due in August. This is her first grandbaby & I plan to skype after the birth. i didnt even think about asking... just kinda assumed the hospital would have wifi and i'd just do it! ha! easier to get forgiveness than permission, right?  : )

I think the OP would like her husband Skyped in for the actual delivery. Which can possibly be looked at as a liability for the hospital.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to ask my doctor about it again at my appt this week. In fact I'll prolly bug him at every appt til I get a definite answer lol. Luckily he is completely on my side, just worried about the legalities. I'm hoping since DH doesn't want to see down south during the delivery that may play in our favor a little bit. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"