1st Trimester
Options

Parvovirus exposer or its called Fifth Disease

I was at 11  weeks when I was exposed. I found out Wednesday as I was pulling up to my Grandpa's wake that I was exposed to the parvo virus at work.I work at a hospital. I am now 13 weeks. I went and got my blood drawn. They sent it off to a company and now I won't have results til Monday :(   I am just a little freaked out. I just want answers that everything is ok. Anyone else exposed???
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Parvovirus exposer or its called Fifth Disease

• Options
    nattnnattn member
    I work at a vet clinic. When pregnant with DD, I was exposed to all kinds of animal diseases, including parvovirus, and DD came out just fine. I did my best to keep exposure to really sick animals to a minimum but didn't really worry too much about it. I worried more about kitty poo than anything else.
  • Options
    I was tested for immunity to fifths when I told my doctor I was ttgp.  It came back the I was immune (I'm a kindergarten teacher and there have been at least one case a year in my classes -- because I had been exposed so many times it probably helped with my being immune).  Right when I found out i was pregnant there was a boy in my class diagnosed. I hope your results come back okay!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nattnnattn member

I did a quick search since you edited the information about it. According to the CDC, it's sounds very unlikely that it will cause a problem. Here's the link about Fifths Disease and pregnancy:

https://www.cdc.gov/parvovirusB19/pregnancy.html

(Sorry, I can't make it clicky.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"