Options

Will you stalk your registry??

.....or let it be a surprise??

Carter Douglas 09.25.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will you stalk your registry??

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

I didn't stalk either of my registries (bridal or baby) because I wanted to be surprised. 

Obviously I KNOW what I registered for but I wanted to be surprised as to what people chose to get me.  Plus I had forgotten some items.  haha.  I had my BFF keep an eye on it to make sure it wasn't getting too low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    absolutely! The surprise will be WHO buys me what! That way I know what I'm getting/not getting and can plan ahead!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the same way!  We haven't baught anything yet so I like to know what was baught so far.  I keep an eye on it because I worry we won't get the necasarery things because they are big purchases. My husband wanted me to put everything on it just to see what we get.   
  • Options
    I would love to be surprised, but I have no self-controlEmbarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ideally, I would like to say that I won't, but I know I will. I stalked our wedding registry like mad!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    I was sort of obsessed with stalking my bridal and baby shower registries.  I have no shame Stick out tongue
  • Options
    I'm not going to lie - I will totally stalk my registry!

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did with DD. I couldn't stop myself.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    I am stalking just because I put a few bigger ticket items on there that I will need before baby gets here (Carseat). So I need to know what I will be buying if my family doesn't get it. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imageanitalynn:

I've been stalking mine - I noticed yesterday that someone purchased our diaper bag! :)

I've been stalking because I put similar/same items on all of our registries, so I am going to remove them from the other registries as things are purchased.

Thank you! I'm so glad someone else is doing this. DH and his mother think I'm crazy for this. My plan was the same-- if something is purchased at one store I'd remove it from the other registry.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options

Already have been!  <-----No shame! :)

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I did stalk my wedding registry, but not the baby one. Also, I know that a LOT of people got their gifts like the day of, or the day before the shower. I remember seeing the date on the gift receipts :) I know that I do the same thing and shop last-minute :)

ETA: I am not registering this time around, above I was talking about DS #1's pregnancy. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    I hate surprises. However I don't think I'm going to stalk my registry. I may look at it once but probably just when it gets closer to my showers to make sure things haven't gone out of season or something.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Not only will I be stalking mine but I will 100% be stalking both my friends due in August as well. Team Green is enough surprise for me! 

• Options
    imagemhanson18:

Already have been!  <-----No shame! :)

Same here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not having any kind of a shower, so I don't expect a lot of purchases to be made. But I do have three family members who may make small purchases. I am only going to look at my registry because I do have some items double listed on both registries so that we could decide where to purchase from later with the completion discount. :)
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    I am the worst at surprises so I'm stalking it once per day, thats my limit. The shower is next weekend so I'll just see what we get then! The surprise to me is who is getting what!

• Options
    I am horrible. I will be looking all the time. No self control. I am so bad. 
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Yep, I've already started stalking since I know my baby shower invites went out early this week so people are starting to get them. I was really bad with stalking my bridal registry and I know I'll be the same with the baby one as well.
  • Options

Yep, I sorta already have. It's been pretty helpful because when I saw people bought us things before we moved, I saved boxes to pack it up. Our shower is next weekend and out of town, so I stalked it a few days ago and told DH to bring another suitcase. Haha.

I probably check once or twice a week and, well, I like to justify it to myself. ;)  

• Options
    Already have....oops.  :)  And people have already bought the travel system, high chair and swing!  The invitations haven't even gone out yet!! 
  • Options
    I totally stalked my registry!!  And added things as needed since I liked having registries with good items for anyones budget
  • Options
    I'm so behind! I hope nobody has bought anything yet because I double registered for different things...thinking my SO and I could look online and decide together. My shower is not until Aug so I guess I better get on that.  After that I probably will stalk it.
  • Options
    Probably.  I'm still adding things to it, so I saw that my sister bought me the entire nursery theme I registered for.  She gave me half on Mother's Day and the rest on my birthday, the next Saturday.  Also, I have two registries.  Some things are double registered, not everyone is around a BRU or Target (and most of Target's baby selection is online only).  If I notice somethings been purchased from one store, I'll take it off the other.
  • Options
    imageBarefootContessa:
    imageanitalynn:

I've been stalking mine - I noticed yesterday that someone purchased our diaper bag! :)

I've been stalking because I put similar/same items on all of our registries, so I am going to remove them from the other registries as things are purchased.

Thank you! I'm so glad someone else is doing this. DH and his mother think I'm crazy for this. My plan was the same-- if something is purchased at one store I'd remove it from the other registry.

I'm doing this too! I put some of the bigger things as duplicates - like the carseat - so I can get the registry completion at either place.  I will be removing them if it's purchased off of one.

Little B 9.20.12
  • Options
    I haven't had a chance to even finish mine yet Embarrassed
  • Options
    imageBarefootContessa:
    imageanitalynn:

Same here - I also registered for some of the same things at two locations so I take them off as people buy them.  But, um yes - total registry stalker here too!

• Options
    DH and I haven't even finished our registries! I haven't looked at the one we started yet, so I have no clue if they've bought anything off it yet or not. My shower isn't until July 28th, so I'm not too worried. No invites have gone out yet. Once they do, then I'll probably check on it often. I confess I did for my wedding! We were double registered at places too, so if they were purchased off of one we took it off the other. Also, I got gifts early, and they weren't taken off my registry, so I had to go in and do it manually so I didn't get more than I needed! I hope to quit looking at it a few days before the shower. We'll see how well that goes! Wink

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ummm I check mine daily ?? That's terrible, I know. But on the upside....our pack and play AND swing have been purchased !!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I tried to stay away from my bridal registry and it was hard. I think I did an ok job of only checking it once or twice. The baby registry might be different... I may be checking on it just to get an idea of how things are moving along ;)

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"