August 2011 Moms

What happened to my little boy??

Two weeks ago I had a quiet little baby boy who would sit in one spot on the floor and play with his toys while mommy actually got things done. All of a sudden, I have a stuntman crawling all over the house and has decided that he's already mastered crawling and prefers to try and walk and climb up on everything. Not to mention the constant "talking" and screaming for no reason. Or the wonderful tantrums we throw now when literally anything is taken away. And let's not forget the impossible task of changing a diaper or clothes anymore. t

I honestly feel like this all changed over night! Just today after I trust my fingers in his mouth to retrieve the entire teething biscuit he put in his mouth, he looked at me and clenched his fists and yelled at me! What?! Where is my sweet little guy? I used to judge those parents with kids that did that, but I just looked at him and had no response. Do you discipline a 9 month old? I'm definitely not afraid to lay down the law, but when does it start to be effective to do so? Man oh man, am I learning a lot about myself. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What happened to my little boy??

• I know what you mean. My LO is the same way. I have notice if he grabs my glasses or trys rolling over while being changed, I can look at him really hard and tell him no he stops. I didn't want to start this early, but it was my last resort. GL to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eesomeeesome member

(sigh)...I hear you.

Lydia is the same way, now. She also likes to grab my necklaces and chew on them, and has broken about three of my good ones. :(

As far as diaper changes go-- forget it! It's like holding down a wild animal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKimbus22:

Mine is the same way.  The new independence is definitely startling.

As far as discipline, if he's going after plugs or trying to stand using something unstable, I just go with a solid "No." and redirect. I don't think there's much more you can do at this age.  I don't see a reason to discipline for the yelling.  It seems to me that it's more that LO is just using his new sounds and learning to express his opinions.  

Agree with this.  My LO is the same way.  He is constantly getting into things.  I'm shocked his first word wasn't "no." 

As for the yelling, I think it's more him discovering his voice and learning the sounds he can make and pitches he can reach.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally agree with Kimbus on the independence, my LO is like a little maniac these days.  I know she is just trying to get her bearings and test her limits, but it is frustrating!  I just try to take a breath and redirect, and when it's really bad I try to amuse her with something she is normally not allowed to have.  The TV remote is great for this! Last night I H was entertaining her while I made dinner and I found them playing with a jumbo container of animal crackers from Costco.  We're in "whatever works" mode right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemelissa0726:
    Totally agree with Kimbus on the independence, my LO is like a little maniac these days.  I know she is just trying to get her bearings and test her limits, but it is frustrating!  I just try to take a breath and redirect, and when it's really bad I try to amuse her with something she is normally not allowed to have.  The TV remote is great for this! Last night I H was entertaining her while I made dinner and I found them playing with a jumbo container of animal crackers from Costco.  We're in "whatever works" mode right now.

My LO is a CRAZY man anymore.  Has no fear AT ALL!!  I am so worried he is going to hurt himself.  If I do tell him "NO!" he just laughs at me but I am sticking with it.  We are also in the "whatever works" mode.  I have him the butt cream to play with last night while changing him....lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • I totally relate.  Logan is also starting to react to the word no.  He pulled the dog's hair really hard the other day and I gave a firm no and moved his hand...OMG the face he made at me could have killed, and the scream that followed was even worse. 

He is all over the place too and has the battle wounds to prove it.  I have to confess (it is Friday) that I had to airbrush the picture I used for his birthday party invite.  He had a bruise on his forehead and a cut in between his eye from falling into his toy.It was the best picture I had of just him so I needed to use it. The kid needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"