Multiples
Options

Holy sudden swelling.

Just boom, out of nowhere. I took my bp twice today and it was normal, but just all of a sudden today my ankles ballooned out. Holy hell man. I never had swelling my first pregnancy. So besides lots of water and keeping my feet up, anything else? This sucks. :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy sudden swelling.

• Options

Yeah, mine started right around then as well, and it's gotten to epic proportions.  My BP is consistently on the lower end and my OB isn't worried at all, but like, this week my palms started being noticably swollen and not just my fingers and ankles and feet.

I love being pregnant but I'm a little ready to deflate!

• Options
    My legs were like tree trunks last week (I have mild pre-e) and my MFM recommended standing in a pool because the water pressure squeezes the fluids out of your system. So I tried it and it was like a miracle. I peed out 12 pounds of fluid over the next day or so and the swelling hasn't come back. I'm on strict bed rest now so that's helping but the pool really did work. 
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I suddenly ballooned up right around where you are. It was literally like I woke up one day with someone else's legs, ankles, feet, and hands. Totally normal BP. My OB said it probably had more to do with the heat and the fact that I was measuring about 36 weeks at the time than anything else. 

The best thing for my swelling has been floating in the pool, and drinking the Third Trimester Tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby.  

• Options
    Me too- it started then. You gotta watch being on your feet and elevate them and it will go down.
  • Options

imagelunatwo:
    My legs were like tree trunks last week (I have mild pre-e) and my MFM recommended standing in a pool because the water pressure squeezes the fluids out of your system. So I tried it and it was like a miracle. I peed out 12 pounds of fluid over the next day or so and the swelling hasn't come back. I'm on strict bed rest now so that's helping but the pool really did work. 

I haven't had any swelling this time, yet, but with DS I was so swollen. I was going to water aerobics once a week or so, not so much for the workout but mostly just to float around. Not only did the pool feel amazing but my swelling would go down alot!

• Options
    I ended up on bedrest at 26w when I ballooned up overnight. Literally. After awhile, even resting/keeping my feet up did nothing to help. I remained pretty swollen until about 2w pp.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageViolaPlayer:
    I ended up on bedrest at 26w when I ballooned up overnight. Literally. After awhile, even resting/keeping my feet up did nothing to help. I remained pretty swollen until about 2w pp.

This was me too. I was so swollen, the only shoes I could wear were my H's slippers. It was awful. My BPP didn't go up until the end, but then neither the swelling or BPP went down after the girls were born and I had to take dieuretics.

imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine did that at 17 wks!  I thought it was bc of an extended shopping outing we had, but they never went back to normal until 4 wks pp.  Don't mean to scare you and hope you have a different exprience.  Limit salt intake, and try to keep them up as much as possible (difficult with a child already).  BTW, my bp was fine until wk 35.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I swear our pregnancies are in sync. I had the same problem two days ago. I got home from work and after I changed out of my scrubs and into a sundress my husband just gasped and pointed to my legs. They were huge! I also took my BP and everything was normal but it scared me. I sat on the couch with my feet propped up on the coffee table and a few pillows. It was quite a bit better by the next morning after having slept. From what I've read in my books some swelling of your legs and feet is normal but you should call your doctor immediately if your hands or face start swelling. Good luck!
  • Options
    I am soooo going swimming when my in laws leave on Wednesday. Oh yes I am.
  • Options
    I ballooned up at 34 weeks.  I gained 30 lbs in 3 weeks and it was pretty much all water.  My BP was fine until 36w6d when it went up to 140/90.  I had mild pre-e so I went into the hospital for induction, when we got there I was already in labor though. :) Keeping your feet up is great.  Ice packs for me feet and ankles helped at least momentarily.  Ice baths for my feet helped too, and the pool was a blessing.  I started going every morning for an hour and it made a huge difference in the amount of swelling and discomfort I felt for the rest of the day. Keep your feet up, take it easy and get to a pool/lake if you can.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"