Multiples
Options

Just give me a catheter already! LOL

I have to pee like every 5 minutes!!! 

I am going to be 30 weeks on sunday with boy/girl twins and it doesn't seem to matter how much or how little I drink I am in the bathroom to pee every five minutes. Then to add to the fun I have this horrible pain in my pelvis area that just never goes. Sometimes I sit here thinking it would be nice to have a catheter for a few days!  LOL

I saw my ob today and with his tape measure he said I am measuring 40 weeks. He said its great for me having twins. I however feel like a beached whale. I am in pain non stop. I feel short of breath all the time and it gets worse when I have to walk. I keep having horrible braxton hicks that hurt!  My nose is stuffed up most the time and the few times it isn't it bleeds! Oh the joys of being pregnant! 

Tell me I am not alone in my suffering? I am so counting down the days. My cerclage comes out at 35 weeks and if I haven't had the babies he is going to deliver me at 37 weeks. I seriously don't see how I am going to last another 7 weeks. I have my next ultrasound next week so I am hoping that will show the babies moved. They were both breech last time.

Thanks for listening to me whine!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Just give me a catheter already! LOL

• Options
    Omg mrslee, I thought I was the only weird person who thought that! I mean, who loves a cathader? But it was bliss!
  • Options
    I remember feeling the same way, wishing I could have one just so I could get some sleep at night!
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I swear, I could have written this post myself! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Like pp said the catheter after the c-section was great.  Never thought I would say that lol.  I delivered at 36 weeks and I think I measured at 44 or 45.  I felt huge and my doctor told me I was lol.  I also had the same issues with my nose.  For almost 2 weeks straight I would get nose bleeds all times of the day.  It made me CRAZY!!  GL with your next u/s.  Hope your babies have turned.  Mine stayed breech :( I was hoping for a natural delivery and not a c-section.  Anyway, GL!!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hated the catheter and couldn't wait to get it out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I checked into the hospital to have the girls after my water broke, my nurse asked me what my pain management thoughts were. My response was "order up the epidural now." Not because I didn't want to deal with the pain, but because I knew they put a catheter in with the epidural and I wouldn't have to get up and pee anymore. Stick out tongue

I delivered at 36w3d and I was measured the day before and I measured at 48 weeks pregnant.

• Options

I didn't love the cath but I did love not having to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes! LOL

Hang in there, you're going to make it! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ha, hang in there!  I haven't been certain how I can physically get through each week either, and my stomach muscles started separating about 3 weeks ago and are very painful right now.  But you'll get through it (hopefully!) and have nice big healthy babies!

I love, love being pregnant and I love the stupid questions and everything else because it goes away.  But I am looking forward to feeling a lot less disabled and able to do things again.  I am normally a very active person and I miss regular intense exercise and feeling capable of doing things. 

• Options

Haha! I was just telling my husband this morning that it's hard to stay hydrated and to stay off my feet while making sure that I do not have a full bladder. Dehydration and being on my feet trigger contractions, but so does a full bladder....

A catheter would solve this dilemma.

DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

They were giving me tons of fluids while I was in the hospital prior to the twins' birth, so I was going to the BR constantly! I actually asked my doctor for a catheter, to which she agreed. The nurse thought I was crazy, but I thought it was going to be the miracle I was waiting for! I was so tired of getting up, unhooking myself from all the monitors, going to pee, then getting back in bed, trying to get those stupid toco monitors to find both HB's, just to do it again in 10 min.!

Well, it didn't work! Baby A's head was apparently right on my bladder and the pressure of her head against the tip of the catheter in my bladder was awful! It felt like something was tearing up the inside of my bladder. I couldn't take it anymore, so I had to ask them to take it out! How stupid did I feel? They were probably so annoyed, but at least I was a pretty easy patient, other than that!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"