High-Risk Pregnancy

I forgot what high risk entailed!

This is my second pregnancy. Had high bp with dd and had a csection. This pregnancy has been going ok so far. I am now 32 weeks and bp is getting crazy. Starting biweekly stress test next week. Baby has a cyst on the kidney so seeing a MFM dr now. I guess I just forgot how many times a went to the dr with dd. I will be going 3 times a week for the rest of the pregnancy. Just feel bad for dd as this is taking away a lot of time from her. Anyone else in the same boat? How do cope with other children?  

Re: I forgot what high risk entailed!

• KadyraKadyra member
    I'm in your boat. Not at the twice weekly test stage yet, but every week I have multiple appts. To my ob and mfm appts, dh and ds usually come. I'm lucky-- ds is extremely well behaved and right now dh is a SAHD. So that's where I am.  I even bring ds with me to get my eyebrows waxed and he just stands by the table and watches. He likes when I get "pretty eyebrows.". NBR but it's how we roll. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Kie310Kie310 member

Right?!?! I was thinking about this this week, I had GD & pre-e with my first. Landed me on bedrest, constant u/s's, the NST 2 times a week from 31 weeks... it was a nightmare. Somehow I really did forget it all, until now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same thing with my first from 22 weeks on...I sit here and now that I have 1, I'm constantly worrying what if I go on bed rest again or I have crazy appointments again with a little one already at home...and what really gets me upset is others that don't understand what a high risk pregnancy entails...the people who see it as, "Oh, she's just pregnant she needs to get over it." It's like...WTF?!?!?! I'm praying for you that your BP stabilizies and everything works out ok. T&P
    -Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of today, this is going to be me.  I still haven't wrapped my head around it yet.  I will be seeing my OB monthly, having serial growth ultrasounds monthly.  At 32 weeks I will be having nonstress tests and fluid levels 2xs a week.  All this info was given to me over the phone, so I'm anxiously awaiting my next appt so I can talk to someone in person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"