April 2012 Moms

Welp. I'm a crap mom.

This evening I was changing dd, and above the changing table is a shelf where we keep a plastic box that has all her medicine and grooming things...well I took it down to get her gas drops, and must not have been paying too much attention, bc a second after I set it back on the shelf it fell right on my sweet girls head! She started crying like I'd never heard her cry, and I sat for a good 5 min just kissing her and saying I was so sorry...I was terrified it had hit her soft spot, but there was a bump more on her forehead so I called my Ped after dd calmed down a bit and explained what happened. He said if there was no swelling on her fontanelle or if she wasn't acting overly fussy that she was probably fine...i felt so awful, and was in tears about it. 

When I told my DH after he got home, he said 'I knew something like that was gonna happen sooner or later, I'm just glad it happened to you instead of me!'....Whatta guy.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Welp. I'm a crap mom.

• In my half asleep 3am daze I bumped mine into the mobile on the swing. I felt bad and didnt tell anyone until now. I am telling myself that accidents happen and only bad moms do it on purpose or dont feel bad about it when it does happen. As long as you don't put her in danger, you're good in my book.
  • Poor thing-you AND LO. Haha. Love your DH's response! 

I had LO laying on the bed one day and I literally turned for one second to grab my boppy(I was about to feed her) and my dog jumped up on the bed. Right where DD was laying. She screamed bloddy murder, like you said, a cry you had never heard before. I snatched her up and held her so close! I was so scared, and I thought the worst-that my dog stepped on her chest and collapsed a lung or broke a rib or SOMETHING! She was doing those cries where she kept forgetting to breathe. I then hooked her up to my boob and she calmed down and ate completely normal. While I fed her DH called the pedi, they said strip her down and look for broken skin or bruising-if nothing don't worry, she was probably just REALLY startled.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a shelf above the changing table too, and i've been nervous about it. I'm glad you called the pedi though... as silly/embarassing as some things may seem - it's better to know our LO's are okay. DS's and I were cleaning up toys once, and we were having a contest to see who could reach the bucket across the room with the matchbox cars. My DS2 stood up right in front of my half-hard thrown car and I whacked him right in the side of the head. I literally cried right along with him and told him how sorry I was. I called the pedi and he assured me he was okay. I was mortified that it happened. But thats why they're called accidents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Omg that cry where they run out of breath is the worst!! You never know if it's pain or just that they're so scared...and Lauran I did the same thing too- hooked her right up to the boob! She calmed way down while I was calling the Ped and was even smiling at me by the time I got off the phone! 
  • imageLuvmy2sons:
    We have a shelf above the changing table too, and i've been nervous about it. I'm glad you called the pedi though... as silly/embarassing as some things may seem - it's better to know our LO's are okay. DS's and I were cleaning up toys once, and we were having a contest to see who could reach the bucket across the room with the matchbox cars. My DS2 stood up right in front of my half-hard thrown car and I whacked him right in the side of the head. I literally cried right along with him and told him how sorry I was. I called the pedi and he assured me he was okay. I was mortified that it happened. But thats why they're called accidents.

Totally- I feel like I know what signs and symptoms to look for in adults but not tiny babies! I felt like my intuition was telling me she was most likely fine, but you never know, and i wanted to make sure that there wasnt some sort of symptom that would pop up later that i wouldnt of looked for...And i know how you must've felt, I think sometimes we feel worse than they do when something liked that happens- im so thankful kids are pretty durable!

• imageLuvmy2sons:
    We have a shelf above the changing table too, and i've been nervous about it. I'm glad you called the pedi though... as silly/embarassing as some things may seem - it's better to know our LO's are okay. DS's and I were cleaning up toys once, and we were having a contest to see who could reach the bucket across the room with the matchbox cars. My DS2 stood up right in front of my half-hard thrown car and I whacked him right in the side of the head. I literally cried right along with him and told him how sorry I was. I called the pedi and he assured me he was okay. I was mortified that it happened. But thats why they're called accidents.

Totally- I feel like I know what signs and symptoms to look for in adults but not tiny babies! I felt like my intuition was telling me she was most likely fine, but you never know, and i wanted to make sure that there wasnt some sort of symptom that would pop up later that i wouldnt of looked for...And i know how you must've felt, I think sometimes we feel worse than they do when something liked that happens- im so thankful kids are pretty durable!

• When my DS was 3 mos old, I was carrying him and tripped over his car sat which was left in the middle of the kitchen...we both went flying over the seat and DS landed head first on our tile floor! He had a big bump on his head but was fine after nursing. He is now a very smart 3 yr old so no permanent damage caused! :-). Kids are much tougher than they seem!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was taking DD out of her car seat and transferring her into my Britax carrier from the car. As I was lifting her up to put her in, I was looking down at her feet and I whacked her head on the door frame. She has had a lump on the crown of her head for over a month. I was so concerned that I went to get an ultrasound on it. Dr. says its fine. I'm just glad I didn't crack her skull! Ugh, I felt awful. Your DH was nice about it, mine said, " you did what! You need to be more careful! "
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"