TTC after 35

Has anyone else thought about baby names?

What are your thoughts of teagan, keagn, or beckett. Do you think they go with aiden and Gavin? I know I am not pregnant yet but this is something fun for me to do until it happens.

Re: Has anyone else thought about baby names?

• imageTigger & pooh:
    What are your thoughts of teagan, keagn, or beckett. Do you think they go with aiden and Gavin? I know I am not pregnant yet but this is something fun for me to do until it happens.

Oh my god, I was debating asking people about having names already today!!! LOL

I know a lot of Teagan and Keaghan children. Beckett is kind of cool. If they go well with Gavin and Aidan? I guess that depends on what you mean-- would those be middle names? Are they the names of your other kids?

I've been really careful about telling people the names I have picked out because one of them has already been used by a friend who got pregnant before me... 

But I know if I have a girl, I'll name her first name after my grandmother (Eleanor). Originally, I wanted to name a daughter Sophia Eleanor, but everyone is naming their girls Sophia, so I will have to come up with a new middle name and use Eleanor as the first name. And if I have a boy, I know the first name (secret for now) and the middle name will be MH's grandfather's first name (Veikko. He was Finnish).

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Those are my boys names. :) would you use a nickname with Eleanor?
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably. I'm a huge nickname person anyhow (my dog and cat have about 3 or 4 each, for example). I like Ellie and also Nora. My grandmother's nicknames were always nothing to do with her first name (my grandfather used to call her "Irish" because her dad's last name was Murphy and she had red hair and freckles). So maybe I'd even steal a nickname from my grandmother. Just to keep my grandmother around.  Wink

I usually, though, use nicknames that have nothing to do with the person's first name. I used to call my niece "The Dictator" and my nephew is very often "Mr. Man." I tend to call little kids "Itty Bitty" or "Chief."

What about you?

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• I try to add a y to everything!  It doesn't work with aiden though which is sad.  We call him aid sometimes and Gavin is almost always gavy unless he is in trouble and then it is his whole first name both middle names and last name. :)
  • Hmmm...  I haven't heard of those names.  They do go with Aiden and Gavin.  

DH and I have been collecting names since our honeymoon.  I keep a little list on my phone.  We decided not to tell anyone our names until after the baby is born.  We will probably have a few picked out and wait until we meet our little one.  We want to make sure we pick one that suits them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedanieleandwayne:

imageTigger & pooh:

Oh my god, I was debating asking people about having names already today!!! LOL

I know a lot of Teagan and Keaghan children. Beckett is kind of cool. If they go well with Gavin and Aidan? I guess that depends on what you mean-- would those be middle names? Are they the names of your other kids?

I've been really careful about telling people the names I have picked out because one of them has already been used by a friend who got pregnant before me... 

But I know if I have a girl, I'll name her first name after my grandmother (Eleanor). Originally, I wanted to name a daughter Sophia Eleanor, but everyone is naming their girls Sophia, so I will have to come up with a new middle name and use Eleanor as the first name. And if I have a boy, I know the first name (secret for now) and the middle name will be MH's grandfather's first name (Veikko. He was Finnish).

When we first started trying we were really excited and had a name picked out.  My SIL used it for her dog specifically so that we could not use it for our baby.  She even told us that she did that.  This time, I am telling no one our names.  I do wonder if I can now go back to that name because her dog passed.  I think that it might be a little creepy to do that.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm totally superstitious now after telling everyone our name last time, we have names but aren't going to tell anyone, I'm afraid to jinx things..
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With DS, we didnt tell anybody until he was born.  I didn't want any opinions swaying our decision.  If we ever get pregnant again, we will keep the names under wraps again.
  • imagedhreczuck:
    I'm totally superstitious now after telling everyone our name last time, we have names but aren't going to tell anyone, I'm afraid to jinx things..

I'm with you on this one! We havent even discussed names.....weird I know, but like you I am terribly superstitious and just know that would forver jinx us.

• imageCountry Girl in the City:

When we first started trying we were really excited and had a name picked out.  My SIL used it for her dog specifically so that we could not use it for our baby.  She even told us that she did that.  This time, I am telling no one our names.  I do wonder if I can now go back to that name because her dog passed.  I think that it might be a little creepy to do that.

Oh I think your SIL and my SIL should get together and go bowling. In Satan's bowling alley. They are way too alike. 

I keep waiting for us to get pregnant and then have a boy and have SIL make a big stink about how we're not going to name the boy after MH's and her father (who she thinks was a good guy, even though he was a drunken, abusive rat-pr!ck bastard). She has a 7 year old son who is not named after her father, but I'm sure she'll feel that it's a good enough name for OUR son. 

Oy vey. Families can really suck...

Depending on how attached to the name I was, I might just name my child that. And I would just smile sweetly at the SIL and say "well, clearly nobody is going to remember your dog now that he's dead. They'll all associate the name with my beautiful child." Then I may or may not trip her or something. LOL What a witch your SIL is! 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• imageCountry Girl in the City:

How rude!  I can't believe she actually did that and TOLD you.  If you love the name, use it anyway.  It'll be for your beautiful child, not her dog.  No one owns a name.

• I like your names, but if you mean 1st and middle, I'm not sure I love 2 names ending in the en/an sound.

In my 15 years of thinking about it, I've gone through many names. Annalise(l) was one of DH and my faves for awhile. I loved Anna, but he liked Annalise better. My current faves are Beatrice for a girl and Benjamin for a boy, though, apparently Benjamin is a top 25 name and I don't know how I would feel about that. I still love Anna for a girl and Nick(y) for a boy (family name.) 

• We talk about names all the time.  The ones we really like are in my siggy, they're not the typical names but they work for us.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    March Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Buddies blueloo123 & KayLaVi2010
    Tu Plus Tu ~ A journey to start our flock
    Phantom Baby Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"