December 2010 Moms

I'm having a hard time with this (warning: sad)

I've struggled for a few days about whether to post this, but just feel I need to do so.  I know the family prefers a bit of privacy so pardon my lack of details too.  A few days ago, a little girl that C went to DC with died in a fire.  They weren't in the same class (she was a bit older) but we saw her every day and the kids and parents at our DC are pretty close-knit.  One of our close friends is also a co-worker of her mom.  We often rode with them in the elevator up to DC and I remember that she was also so energetic and full of life, racing every where.  It's hard for me to fathom that I won't see her race in front of me anymore.  Even worse, I know she was without her parents when she died and that breaks my heart to know she was crying and her mom couldn't be there to comfort her crying and make it all better.  I'm particularly having a hard time right now whenever Christian cries and therefore just rubbed his back tonight until he fell asleep.  I'm a Christian (no secret there, right? :-) ) so I believe that she was comforted and taken care of, but this is all just so difficult for me to wrap my head around, particularly now that I'm a mother and can hold my child tonight.  Please keep this sweet child and her grieving family in your thoughts and prayers if possible.  The parents don't have any family nearby so our DC really was her family.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm having a hard time with this (warning: sad)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"