Breastfeeding

Two questions

So its been 3 years since ive nursed a baby and can't remember how it works exactly. If i nurse baby right side first, then left which side would I start with the next time? And is the answer the same if he didn't fully finish nursing on the last side?

And my other question is how much am I suppose to be eating a day? I have a 4 year old and a 4 day old and somehow in all of that I keep forgetting to eat. I know I need to eat for my supply so does anyone have a calorie count of how much I need to be eating a day. Everyone keeps telling me to eat when im hungry but im really not hungry. So I figured maybe if I had a number goal that would make things easier. 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Two questions

• I usually always offer the 2nd breast, even if she seemed done. Just always offer. If she doesn't take it, then yes - I give her the other side at the next feeding.

Also, I aim to eat around 1800-2000 per day (and still have managed to lose weight). I didn't seem hungry for about the first month, either, but it'll pick up. :)

DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I only ever feed from one side so I'm not sure on your first question. But I do know it takes an extra 300 cal a day to bf. I'm always hungry so I don't forget to eat but try eating when ever you feed your older child or snack while bfing to keep your supply up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"