Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Anyone get a "free" nursing cover or sling??

I keep seeing these promos for "free" nursing covers or slings, where you only pay for shipping.  Even if it's not the best quality, $12 sounds like a good deal.  Are they legit though?  And are they worth the money at all are they just pieces of crap?  I'm a momma on a budget (aren't we all!) so am curious about it!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone get a "free" nursing cover or sling??

• Options
    I was looking more at the nursing cover, but thanks for the input.  I wouldn't trust my baby to one of their slings.  Already have a Moby and an Ergo!  ;-)
  • Options
    Both are junk.  The nursing covers are so thin.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like the nursing cover. It's a great size and while it's not thick nothing shoes through. I'm pleased overall.
  • Options
    The sling is crap.  My sister got one and it is itchy stiff fabric and so tiny.  Also, back in 2010 the same company charged a bunch of bumpies for orders, but never sent the items.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Check out babysteals or amazon for covers, but honestly I would wait to see if LO will tolerate a cover first.  I use an aden&anais blanket if I need a cover.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    HeyJuneHeyJune member
    I have the "free" nursing cover. It was $10 for the shipping, so not really free. I think the quality is great and I used mine for over a year with DD. 
  • Options
    I got the nursing cover.  For $12 I think it works fine.  I don't use it that often, and when I do it does the job.  I'm glad I didn't spend more $ for a fancier one.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Options
    I loved my nursing cover.  I loved that it was thin, it's so hot down here that if it was any thicker we both would have been miserable.  You can't really beat it for $12.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    I loved my cover when I had to use it!  I liked the plastic part near the top that allows you to see baby (not to mention some air flow).  I have nothing to compare it to, but mine was so pretty and I thought it was a nice size.
  • Options
    FYI I got a hooter hider for $8 at a consignment sale :)  So.. you might check stores and consignment sales (not sure if they are nation wide I got it at jbf)
  • Options
    I got it.  When I did, I never actually used my expensive Bebe Au Lait one again. My BAL had been heavier and dark and DS freaked out under it. The free one I got a night light color and the fabric was nice and light, and it took up hardly any room in the diaper bag, worked really well for us.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

I got all three - the nursing cover, the sling, and the carseat cover (Carseat Canopy). Here's my take:

Sling - Tried several times to use it...I just don't understand how it works. I could not fit baby in at 3 weeks old, 1 month old, nor 3 months old. Will be using the fabric for a craft project.

Nursing cover - Works great. As PP said, I like that the fabric is thinner because it would be too hot otherwise.

Carseat Cover - LOVE! We use our carseat everyday in the stroller for a long 45-60 min walk. This is a must-have for us. And the quality is nice, IMO.

• Options
    We got the "free" nursing cover with the $10 shipping. It's not bad, but it's not great. Kind of cheap fabric, but it looks like it'll get the job done. We're avoiding the sling, though - I trust the ergo baby a lot more.
  • Options

I got the nursing cover back in 2010 when I was pregnant.  I never had the chance to use it, because we ended up not nursing very long.  I sold it at a JBF sale for decent money, though!

Get something you can check out in person!  

• Options
    I got the nursing cover and I love it!! I thought I got scammed because it took forever to come. But I like better than the more expensive one I got from my registry. It is the perfect size and lightweight. It was a great deal. I can't believe how expensive these things are regularly. They are just a piece of fabric with a buckle. This one is worth every penny. (In my humble opinion).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"