Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Our 2 month visit & Tylenol Q?

So DD got her shots today.  She cried, of course, but I fed her immediately after and she was happy for a few hours.  Came home and she was crying, but no fever.  Gave her some Tylenol and she slept for 3 hours.  She woke up still a bit cranky and her temp went up a degree to 100F.  She's usually 99-100 so I'm not worried about that, but if she's still hurting/bot feeling good, when can I give her another dose of Tylenol (doc said .8mL but I forgot to ask how often)?

On another note: she's grown 3 inches (24 3/4 now) and is 12 lbs!  I talked to pedi about her feeding (she eats every 2 hours during the day, but afterwards, she still sucks her fist or roots into my neck).  He said to try .5-1 oz formula after breastfeeding as a little desert that may satisfy her more fully.  He also gave us the go ahead for cereal at 3 months since she's doing so well and doesn't seem to have any problems nutritionally as well as pureed food at 4 months.  Makes me proud that when the pedi walks in to see her, he says, "Wow."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Our 2 month visit & Tylenol Q?

• eav2ceav2c member
    imageEveamlizya:

So DD got her shots today.  She cried, of course, but I fed her immediately after and she was happy for a few hours.  Came home and she was crying, but no fever.  Gave her some Tylenol and she slept for 3 hours.  She woke up still a bit cranky and her temp went up a degree to 100F.  She's usually 99-100 so I'm not worried about that, but if she's still hurting/bot feeling good, when can I give her another dose of Tylenol (doc said .8mL but I forgot to ask how often)?

On another note: she's grown 3 inches (24 3/4 now) and is 12 lbs!  I talked to pedi about her feeding (she eats every 2 hours during the day, but afterwards, she still sucks her fist or roots into my neck).  He said to try .5-1 oz formula after breastfeeding as a little desert that may satisfy her more fully.  He also gave us the go ahead for cereal at 3 months since she's doing so well and doesn't seem to have any problems nutritionally as well as pureed food at 4 months.  Makes me proud that when the pedi walks in to see her, he says, "Wow."

Both the tylenol bottle and my pedi say you are good to give the tylenol every 4 hours. My LO had his vaccines last week... he was fussy/cranky that night but the next morning woke up all giggly and smiley... hopefully the same for your LO! :) 

• I would not give formula after you've fed her. If she is rooting then I would try a pacifier to see if that keeps her. If she is still hungry then try and feed her some more boob. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageimimahoney:
    I would not give formula after you've fed her. If she is rooting then I would try a pacifier to see if that keeps her. If she is still hungry then try and feed her some more boob. 

She won't take a pacifier if I'm near.  She takes both breasts and won't suck anymore because nothing is really coming out after she's eat it all.  I keep putting her back on so my body will produce more, but after 5 minutes of her pulling off after a few sucks, I give up and put the boobs away.  Even if she acts content after a feeding, it's only for about 30 minutes and she's rooting again, but if I put her on then...she takes a couple gulps then stops and is fine for another hour and a half or so. 

• Why did they say only .8ML if she is 12 pounds? Mine was 12 pounds 12 ounces at his 2 month check up and they told us to give 1.25 mL of tylenol and to give it every 4-6 hours.
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You probably have the new concentration.  Tylenol has started a lesser concentrated liquid, but I had the old concentration.  It's a lot more concentrated so you have to give smaller doses.
  • Ooh okay, I see. :)

"Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"