3rd Trimester
Options

Going on medical leave - WWYD?

while I was really trying not to go on leave prior to my DD- it has come to this.  I work as an administrative assistant running the company for 3
+ years.  I do a LOT of their things, it is a multi- million dollar company and most days I run everything!  A/p A/r quotes, payroll answer their phones, and ordering supplies and materials to run the business,  custom clearing their goods, importing their vehicles/ scheduling service of their vehicles, registering their vehicles.. and today was the breaking point.  my boss and I got into an arugment- as he says "I dont do enough" and I finally lost it. 

Went to the dr and the dr says to be off work until after delivery.  I live in Canada and can get up to 15 weeks of paid 55% of my wage- for stress/medical leave- but my boss when I went to talk to him- he ran away - hoped in his vehicle and wont answer his phone.  he is acting like an infant.  Plus they are leaving to the UK tomorrow until next week. 

I am so torn its like a dilemna- I KNOW they need me but I think the risk is too high for baby and me- so of course Im following dr's orders- taking the leave. 

what would you do? 

lolololo

Re: Going on medical leave - WWYD?

• Options
    I would take it! I posted the same type of dilemma in the June 2012 Moms board. I decided to take my leave early. Its not worth the stress, to be quite honest. But this is ultimately your decision, so good luck!
  • Options

I was in a very similar situation to you with my first pregnancy and, based on my experience, I would say to take the leave.  Unfortunately, I didn't take it as soon as the doctor put me off, as I thought I could manage, and things became increasingly worse ... to the point that I had complications and had to be put on bedrest.

As for talking to your boss, if your doctor has given you a medical note, dated for today, you no longer need to report to work.  You must simply inform a superior of your medical situation, (I would recommend doing so in writing), and you are done until 2013.

Good luck with everything!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"