July 2012 Moms

Question for ladies with sciatica...

Anybody else feel like they can't even bear weight on their hip/leg with sciatica pain? I'm guessing that's what has been bothering me for the past week, but I have a pretty high pain tolerance and this is excruciating to me! I have an OB appointment tomorrow and I'll ask about it, but just wanted to know if anybody else is in the same boat...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question for ladies with sciatica...

• Mine has been awful through my whole pregnancy! My OB said that water aerobics or water in general would help big time. The next step he suggested was to go see the chiropracter.... and then of course prenatal massage.

The water has been great for me so far, so I would recommend that. I'm sure you could take stuff for it but we aren't into that kind of thing. I just find that I can't stand still for very long and if I have to, I move my weight from leg to leg to help. When it does get to hurting, I just practice my relaxation breathing that I  learned in my childbirth class, lol, and that has been helping too!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yup! Until I went to my massage therapist and she worked the heck out of my glutes! That was my OBs first suggestion, chiropractic being second. And yoga cat/cow pose or pelvic tilts are supposed to help. I thought the pregnancy support belt helped a LITTLE, but not much really. I got the one from BRU. Before I got massages, it was constant pain but now if I walk for even 30mins around the block, I am usually in pain most of the day the next day whenever I'm standing, but by the 2nd day after I'm fine again, whereas before massage the pain wouldn't ever go away. Someone also recommended a good stretch on a recent post about sciatic pain. Was that your post too?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had sciatica during a large portion of my pregnancy. I've found that the pigeon pose is very helpful to relieve the pain.  It also helps when my husband puts deep pressure on my glutes with his fist where the pain radiates from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"