June 2011 Moms

How many kabobs per person? RE: 1st birthday party

I was planning to make fruit kabobs for DDs party this Saturday.  I was going to do 6 different fruit chunks on each stick.  How many kabobs per person would you make?  At first I thought two, but I love fruit and would probably eat four at a picnic outside.  I don't mind doing the work, but if I'm going to have to make like 200 fruit kabobs, I might just throw the chopped fruit in a bowl.  I've already got enough work for myself with the cupcake/cake making!

What do you think?  Two per person?  More?  Just do fruit bowl?

TIA!!!!!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How many kabobs per person? RE: 1st birthday party

• I would probably do some kabobs to display as part of the party decoration (maybe 25 or so) and the rest in a fruit bowl.  I am all about the presentation but that many is overwhelming. 

ETA - the more I think about it we are doing caterpillar (grapes and strawberries) kabobs and I will probably do one per guest and just have additional fruit in the cooler if we run out.  There is other food so dont think everyone will eat more than one and may have some guests that dont even eat one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageThe_Birds_04:
    I would probably do some kabobs to display as part of the party decoration (maybe 25 or so) and the rest in a fruit bowl.  I am all about the presentation but that many is overwhelming. 

That's a great idea.  I'm also looking at doing a fruit tray.  I can still make it pretty without the tedious work of threading fruit chunks on skewers.  Thanks!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would make one per guest and then put the rest of the fruit in a big bowl. If I was going to party that was serving something like that I would only think to take one

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree- 1 per guest (maybe a few extras), then if you have any extra fruit, put it in a bowl. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"