December 2012 Moms

If you have fur-babies (so what, I'm being a PW..I'm SO BORED)

Do you ever mock them?  My dog was rolling on the floor, enjoying herself and she snorted.  So I snorted back.  I think I shocked her a little lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have fur-babies (so what, I'm being a PW..I'm SO BORED)

• tay118tay118 member
    I don't know if it would be considered mocking but we always try to confuse my chocolate lab because he makes the most hilarious face when he gets confused. Love doing this for our own enjoyment 
  • My dog doesn't like to be "moo-ed" at.  No idea why.  When FI and I do it back and forth at her she gets so confused and starts howling.  It's adorable.

We're so mean, haha

• Loading the player...
  • my dog and I have an interesting relationship. She was my hubs dog before we met and she never really liked me. Mainly because I house trained her - pin trained her and put her on a strict diet. But now that I am pregnant she follows me around like all the time. I don't know if she is hoping I drop whatever food I have or just senses the baby or what. So every once in a while when I hear her click click behind me i turn around real fast and she like slides backwards and looks to the side in a "what I wasn't following you" kind of way.
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageModernJune:
    my dog and I have an interesting relationship. She was my hubs dog before we met and she never really liked me. Mainly because I house trained her - pin trained her and put her on a strict diet. But now that I am pregnant she follows me around like all the time. I don't know if she is hoping I drop whatever food I have or just senses the baby or what. So every once in a while when I hear her click click behind me i turn around real fast and she like slides backwards and looks to the side in a "what I wasn't following you" kind of way.

That's hilarious!

• LadylecLadylec member

Our cat likes to look out the back windows and have very long meowing conversations with the birds, squirrels or neighborhood cats out there. He meows  really weird when he is talking to them and his sounds get really long and high pitched so DH and I like to mock whatever sound he makes back at him. He gets excited when we do this so I wonder what we are saying to him lol

Then I will speak for the cat to translate to DH what he is 'actually' saying when he meows lol I will be like "Mommy is so much better than Daddy cause she is super pretty!" DH gets a kick out of it lol

• When DH is off work and I walk in the door, my pup will bark like a stranger is coming in so I bark back at him and hide around the corner.  Eventually he'll stop barking and come to find me :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mlangsmlangs member
    imageLadylec:

Our cat likes to look out the back windows and have very long meowing conversations with the birds, squirrels or neighborhood cats out there. He meows  really weird when he is talking to them and his sounds get really long and high pitched so DH and I like to mock whatever sound he makes back at him. He gets excited when we do this so I wonder what we are saying to him lol

Then I will speak for the cat to translate to DH what he is 'actually' saying when he meows lol I will be like "Mommy is so much better than Daddy cause she is super pretty!" DH gets a kick out of it lol

All of this... we have a bird feeder for our cats, so they are ALWAYS at the window.

And we have a running commentary about what the cats are saying or thinking!

• I don't really mock my dog but I play "got your nose" with her.  when I "grab" her nose she freaks out until I tell her she can have it back!  I don't know how this started but it is so funny. 
    BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My dogs are Italian Mastiffs, so I say that they don't speak English- they speak Italtian...  I say rude things to them in English all the time, but as long as it's in a cutesy voice they get all excited.

"Ohhhhh look at how dumb you are!  Yesssss yooooouuuuuu"

I also say "You are going to DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE" a lot and threaten to "put some pink fluid in their hearts"

I also have a VERY picky female dog who will only eat certain things and it takes her a very long time to take new flavored treats from my hand to eat them, so I was being impatient the other day because I wanted to sit down and I said, "Oh just take it you whore."

Again, none of this matters because they only speak Italian.  And they are the most loved and spoiled f*cking dogs in the world, so they take the abuse in English.

• LuffJooLuffJoo member

Umm all the time.  What fun are pets if you can't tease them sometimes?

My one dog gets soooooooo mad if you quack at him like a duck, OR make the droid noise (like the phone) so we make robotic "droid" and he goes fricken MENTAL.  LMFAO

I have no idea what he's thinking, but it entertains us for a few... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LuffJooLuffJoo member
    imagepepperchanning:

My dogs are Italian Mastiffs, so I say that they don't speak English- they speak Italtian...  I say rude things to them in English all the time, but as long as it's in a cutesy voice they get all excited.

"Ohhhhh look at how dumb you are!  Yesssss yooooouuuuuu"

I also say "You are going to DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE" a lot and threaten to "put some pink fluid in their hearts"

I also have a VERY picky female dog who will only eat certain things and it takes her a very long time to take new flavored treats from my hand to eat them, so I was being impatient the other day because I wanted to sit down and I said, "Oh just take it you whore."

Again, none of this matters because they only speak Italian.  And they are the most loved and spoiled f*cking dogs in the world, so they take the abuse in English.

LOL, this reminds me...when mine are bad I say in a cutesy voice "we're going for a nice, looooooong drive to the spca tomorrow...just you wait."  They hear "going" and get super excited.  My ex used to tell me Im mean...thank god my H thinks its funny...

The H likes to say "DURRRR" to the pit a lot...but in all fairness, he's a reallllly stupid dog. Not to be mean, he just really doesn't have an ounce of intelligence... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • One of my dogs loves to make noises like "rooOOoo" so we imitate him and I love translating his thoughts!
  • Yes. All the time.

Our German Shepherd mix, Abbott, will "smile" for us when we come home.  When we smile back, he just sits down and gives us a look that clearly says, "how dare you mock me".  We call him Goon.

Our Doberman, Sabine, is not intelligent.  She likes to surf for crumbs on the kitchen floor, usually when I'm washing the dishes and it never fails; I will leave the drawer open to put the clean silverware away and she'll decide to look up suddenly, banging her head on the drawer.  She has also eaten most of our leather couch and she freaks out when a longer piece of leather gets stuck to her bum on the way out.  We have renamed her Doofus.

All in all, though I sometimes want to beat them, I love my pups. 

IAmPregnant Ticker image BFP #1 - 10/16/11 - m/c 10/30/11 @ 6 weeks BFP #2 - 04/01/12 - "please be our sticky baby!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"