Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What's your favorite quote

Give it to me.

Mine: "A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men."  Roald Dahl (and Willy Wonka)

Re: What's your favorite quote

• "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it." - Paulo Coelho.
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • "Milk was a bad choice"- Ron Burgundy 
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Loading the player...
  • skioskio member

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Scrubs

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh. 

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • ?How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.?
    ? A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

I used this when we lost our twins this year at 10 weeks.  It's really appropriate about a lot of things though. 
  • I have to pick ONE? 

I have, like, a file folder full of 'em.

• gisa886gisa886 member
    "Like funny ha-ha or funny peculiar?"- no idea where I heard this and it bugs me a lot. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • What comes to me right now is:

"you will bring Captain Solo and the wookie to me" Luke Skywalker

and

"here's how you get 'em: he pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he puts one of yours in the hospital, you put one of his in the MORGUE....that's the Chicago way" Jim Malone

and

"you can't be serious man....YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!  That ball was on the line!  Chalk flew up!  It was clearly in!" (going to have to give this clip a watch on youtube again) John McEnroe

and

"the state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation" Pierre Elliott Trudeau

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Destitutus ventis, Remos Adhibe- Latin Proverb that translates to "If the wind will not serve, take to the oars."

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.?
    ?You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.?
    The Little Prince

• "I go to seek a Great Perhaps." Francois Rabelais.

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you've lived so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all." JK Rowling 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "None are so empty as those who are full of themselves."--Benjamin Whichcote
  • sorry for the large font, copied it from my email. haha
  • skmac05skmac05 member

"What's meant to be will always find a way."

"Optimists think the world is the best it can be, pessimists fear this is true." 

• ?It matters not who you love,
    where you love,
    why you love,
    when you love
    or how you love,
    it matters only that you love?

~ John Lennon 

• If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees. 

-Kahlil Gibran

also..

Dwight Schrute: In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion, you're dead. 

DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jcsumm0jcsumm0 member

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. --Albus Dumbledore

• "When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy.' They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life." (John Lennon)

• Two other good ones:

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." (Ernest Hemmingway)

"I believe in music like some people believe in fairy tales." (August Rush)

• ?We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.? -Kurt Vonnegut

Also

"From small things Mama, big things one day come" -The Boss

FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.? - Sylvia Plath
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • epona3epona3 member
    imageLadybugPicnic2011:

Destitutus ventis, Remos Adhibe- Latin Proverb that translates to "If the wind will not serve, take to the oars."

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.?
    ?You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.?
    The Little Prince

Love both of those! And pretty much the entire novel.

Another one I love is:

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

I always tell my seniors at the end of the year:

"Well, I must endure the presence of two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

(I also like to lecture them about "baobabs!")

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • since I just watched desperate housewives last night I have in my head 'I love you once, I love you twice, I love you more than beans & rice'

:)

• ?The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles" Gahndi 
  • YulesYules member
    *See siggy
  • "You must realize, Harriet, knowing everything won't do you a bit of good unless you use it to put beauty in this world." (Harriet the Spy)

and

"There is no life without love. None worth having, anyway."- Hank Moody

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ablouablou member

Mine are both Eleanor Roosevelt.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." 

• "Be who you are and say what you feel,
    Because those who mind don't matter,
    And those who matter don't mind."

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn?t be here if stars hadn?t exploded... The stars died so that you could be here today."

• saw this in one of the siggys of the ladies here,, and it has been a constant reminder to me ever since:

"Comparison is the thief of joy"  --Theodore Roosevelt

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Funny:

"Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Serious:

"Learning without thinking is pointless, thinking without learning is dangerous" - Confucious

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• It varies depending on my mood and where I am in my life. Right now, it is:

"Faithful if this wan image be, No dream his life was,?but a fight; Could any Beatrice see a lover in that anchorite?" -- Thomas William Parsons 

"To me, you are perfect."

• "that's what she said"- Michael Scott, the office. 

• One of my originals:

"When you get your head out of your a$$ the world doesn't look like sh!t." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"