July 2012 Moms

Bed Rest...ugh

I know it is the best for me and my baby, but when my doctor said bed rest she said no unnecessary walking, chores, outside activities or lifting. I can get up to go to the bathroom and get food or drink, but no cooking in the kitchen.

I am done working for the summer because I am a teacher, but it is so hard to just be on the couch all day at home with the dog. I can't wait til my SO gets home in the evening from work, but I feel helpless because he has to do everything for me. It is very hard for me to just sit at home and not do chores. I had all these plans to deep clean the house when I was done with work...and all I want to do is go shopping at Target!!

Tomorrow my mom is coming over and is going to keep me company and do some light cleaning and baking meals for us to put in the freezer. My parents live about 35 minutes away so I appreciate her coming over so much! My birthday is on Sunday so my family will be coming over to help celebrate.   Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed Rest...ugh

• learn to knit or another craft?  I try to stay on the sofa as much as I can, to avoid bed rest and because my fat feet cant handle much else. I am stitching a baby blanket...
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Do you like to watch TV? Start a new series you always wanted to watch. Join Netflix for movies and TV shows! Or have your mom pick up some books at the library you've been wanting to read, maybe even get some baby books?
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely understand. I am on week 3 of bed rest and running out of things to do. I can relate to the wanting to go out to Target. I use to love to just walk around Target if I was bored at home and do a little shopping but I am only granted "bathroom privileges" as my doctor says.I am finishing up my degree and was able to convert all my classes online so that keeps me pretty busy. When I am not doing school work I kill time by online shopping/browsing and watching Netflix. And snuggling with my dog of course Big Smile.

Bed rest is definitely not fun but I'm trying to look at is as this may be my only time to literally do nothing for a very long time because once LO is here I will be back at work and school on top of having a newborn. I'm trying to get as much "me" time as possible and visits from family and friends help.

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • zyaszyas member

I can only imagine how hard it must be. I stayed home one day last week to "rest" cause I could barely walk my feet/ankles/legs were so swollen. DH told me to rest all day with my feet up but there was SO much I needed to do around the house. It was incredibly hard to just lay down for long stretches at a time.

The others had great ideas though to pass the time. I would probably catch up on some reading (I have a stack of books and magazines that I want to read but probably will never get to), or crochet/knit, scrapbook, organize the photos on my computer, organize all my itunes stuff, or even play some computer games. Oh and there are a few series I would love to get into on netflix or hulu so that would be fun too. 

And you can always come here and talk to all of us during the day too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"