January 2013 Moms

Frustrated

So my OB new I was TTC and told me to come in as soon as I missed a period. I went in about a week and a half after my BFP. He did another urine test to confirm, which was also BFP. He has his own US machine in the office, so he does one at every visit. He said we might not see anything @ 5w3D but that we would look. We only saw an empty sack, which was a bummer, but understandable at this early stage.

I mentioned the mild cramping that I've been having, so he drew a progesterone, along with my routine PNL. They just called saying it was low (11.5 and they want it >20) so they're putting on progesterone for the rest of the first trimester. They didn't draw a beta, which is too bad b/c a good level would have made me feel a little better.

I know things could be just fine, but I'm nervous. This is my second pregnancy, I had no issues other than hyperemesis with my first, and I feel like miscarriage is so common. Going back next week for repeat US and progesterone level

First pregnancy, no problems, beautiful DS 11/2010 BFP 5/12, 2 US with empty sac, one at 7.2 with fetal pole, empty sac at 8.2, D&C 6/12 BFP 8/24, it's a boy! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Frustrated

• MrsLeanMrsLean member
    Sending you my T&P. I hope your appointment goes well next week & that it was just a little too early to see much on the U/S. Good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RaeilyRaeily member

I'm sorry that you're going through some difficulties with this pregnancy and I'll be praying for you that it all works out. I think it's natural and normal for all of us to constantly worried no matter what but other than staying healthy and following the "rules" there really isn't anything we can do sadly so worrying doesn't help. (Trying to take my own advice and it's not working)

Try to stay positive! Sending you thoughts and prayers.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies. I really appreciate it :)
    First pregnancy, no problems, beautiful DS 11/2010 BFP 5/12, 2 US with empty sac, one at 7.2 with fetal pole, empty sac at 8.2, D&C 6/12 BFP 8/24, it's a boy! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope all goes well next week.

I am in a similar situation.  My progesterone was 13 so I am taking progesterone now.  I have no clue if it has gone up though.  They tested my beta level 3 times but they did not test my progesterone again.  

GL!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • t&p going your way! hopefully everything comes out ok!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually miscarriage is not that common... it seems like more on here but actually only 10-20% of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. I try to remember that when my anxiety starts to get to me. Anyway, FX that the progesterone does the trick and that your pregnancy continues to be a healthy one! Keep us posted. Smile
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • I am sure everything is fine. :) I also had u/s at 5w2d and saw onlyThe gestational sac. But my betas are increasing at a good rate.Also my progesterone had dropped from 21 to 17 in one week but my RE said he wasnt concerned because the ovary emits progeaterone in pulses and it is normal to have variation. I am on progesterone anyway peer my regular OB.Many happy thoughts and prayers for your next u/s.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"