2nd Trimester

Motherhood Maternity question

I'm just starting to buy maternity clothes...I'm wanting to buy some nice skirts. I found some second hand Motherhood jean skirts, but they're online so I can't try them on. I'm just wondering, can anyone tell me if Motherhood usually fits true to size or seems too big or too small? Also, any good ideas for finding longer skirts?

image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Motherhood Maternity question

• It's been a while (7 years) since I've bought anything from there but from what I remember, they ran pretty true to size and the pants seemed to run long, which was great because usually I have to buy longs.
    LO #1 (2/10/05) Expecting #2 (11/24/12) Pregnancy Ticker
  • The first few pieces I bought there were mediums but now that I am growing I am sticking to large so I can wear them until the end.  The mediums still fit but the belly part is getting tighter :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I've ordered a bunch of stuff from there recently, including some pencil skirts for work, and I think they fit true to what their size chart says.  But, I fell right on the cusp of medium to large if I ordered my pre-pregnancy size, so I went for the large and they are all very comfy, not too loose, not too tight. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I found them pretty true to size...at least the "real" Motherhood Maternity ones. The sub-brand that they sell at Kohls (Oh Baby! I think) always ran big on me. Hope that helps!
  • Pretty true to size for me, too.  I can wear a lot of their regular-sized clothing too, and I'm 5'11. I've found their stuff to be fairly long.
  • i've bought a bunch of their clearance stuff the last few months.  they seem to run pretty true to size for me.  i'm only 5'2 and their pants do seem really long, but nothing a good tailor can't fix.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • RitaT22RitaT22 member
    They run pretty true to size

BabyFetus Ticker
  • They are pretty close to true size, a little on the larger side.  I wear XL (not plus) pre-pregnancy, I wear a L or XL in their clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found their clothes to be pretty true to size.
  • I have 2 pairs of their cargo pants that roll up to capris and one fits tighter than the other...same size, just a different color, haha. Other than that 1 odd thing, it's true to my pre-preg size.

-Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it all depends on the size you are.  I'm a bigger girl and was wearing 2x in shirts and bottoms before i got pregnant.  Around 16 weeks when I needed maternity clothes I got 1x at motherhood(pants and tops) now that I have gotten bigger I am still in 1x bottoms but 2x tops. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 3/2010
    TTC Since 10/2010
    BFP-4/18 M/C @5w-4/27/11
    BFP!!!12/21/11*DD 8/29/12
    <a href="http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/jan_it_2004/?action=view
  • I bought some work pants and some shorts in Medium's, they are very comfy and fit perfect - but I am only 17 weeks right now. I can imagine they being a bit too tight in the stomach area when I get bigger. I would probably order a size up - Larges next time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"