October 2012 Moms

Sleeping Positions - I miss belly / back sleeping

So last night we went out and bought the snoogle... I don't love it!  We'll try again tonight but it seems like such an obnoxious waste of space and I already have a hard time turning.

I love to sleep on my belly (which I can't) and sleeping on my back seems to be the most comfortable because my hips and legs are aligned (but everyone says not to sleep like this)

How are you finding relief from not being able to sleep in your favorite position and what are you doing to stay on your side?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sleeping Positions - I miss belly / back sleeping

• I find that sleeping fully on my side ends up hurting my shoulder, so I use my snoogle, so that I'm somewhat inbetween lying on my stomach and my back and not directly on my side. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sleeping on my back! My dr. said I can stay on my back until the third tri and even then I can sleep on my back with a pillow under one hip.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a back-sleeper; at least that's the position I'm used to falling asleep in.  Now I wedge a fluffy pillow behind my back on the R side so I'm slightly at an elevated angle instead of lying flat on my back. 
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • I use the snoogle to keep me from rolling around, I also wedge it behind my back so I'm almost sleeping on my back.  Right now I'm using it between my legs but have the top under my arms and a couple pillows under my head.  I've been having some breathing issues and being slightly elevated helps.

• I am still sleeping on my back.  My doctor said that I'm fine to sleep on my back as long as I am comfortable.  My body will let me know if I need to change positions.

I also still sleep half on my stomach.  I just drape over my body pillow so I'm a little inclined to the side, but I'm sure I won't be able to do that for much longer....

I hate sleeping on my side.  I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to for comfort's sake.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am now only sleeping on my sides. If I do end up on my back, I have to turn after a few minutes because I feel like I can't breathe. My hips hurt, but I started using a body pillow, and it's helped a bit!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • daizeydaizey member
    I still somewhat sleep on my belly. I just pull one leg up and it alleviates some of my weight so I'm not fully on it I guess. Its ultra comfy and actually very similar to how I slept before baby!
    Excited for baby #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kara Olivia, born 9/17/2012 at 37 weeks. 6 lbs 7 oz, 18 inches long

• I use my Snoogle to prop myself up.  Mostly I sleep sitting up.  I know it sounds weird, but it's the most comfortable position.  Last night I made it all the way through the night (6.5 hours) sleeping like that.  Sometimes I'll wake up and rearrange the Snoogle so I can sleep on my left side, but I don't love that.

My OB told me I don't have to worry about sleeping positions until I'm 28 weeks.  She said I can sleep however I'm comfortable until then.  So that's what I'm doing. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I try to stay on my side, but I always wake up on my back or a modified stomach position... My body just doesn't want me to stay on my side apparently. I don't think sleeping on your back is really all that bad until closer 3rd tri though, so I wont worry over it!
    EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm usually still on my back as well...it's the most comfortable!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"