December 2010 Moms
Options

CP: How many hours sleep?

If this has been discussed often here, I apologize.  I quickly skimmed but didn't see much.  I am normally on the Adoption board but I need some sleep insight for my Dec 10 baby girl.

She's fighting going to sleep every night.  She's always been a good sleeper and I am considering adjusting her sleep schedule.... so I'd like to know what your littles ones are sleeping like these days :) 

Also, if you have a good sleeper-- are they also a good napper or are naps gone??

[Poll]
image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months

Re: CP: How many hours sleep?

• Options

He generally sleeps from 7pm - 6am. 11 hours at night.

He takes one long nap in the afternoon (shortly after lunch) and it ranges from 2-3 hours depending on the day and how active/busy we were in the mornings.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTMNTgirl:

He takes one long nap in the afternoon (shortly after lunch) and it ranges from 2-3 hours depending on the day and how active/busy we were in the mornings.

This is us too. Though he tends to wake up closer to 5:30-5:45am a lot.. :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted 11, on average.  L usually sleeps from 8:30-7:45-ish.  She never gets out of bed until about 8:30, though, because she likes to play with her animals once she wakes.  She still takes one nap, which is very inconsistent in length.  I'd say average length is about an hour and a half.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS tends to sleep ~10.5 hrs at night so I answered 10 because his napping is less than average as well. He naps 1-1.5 hrs. The days he gets even less than 1 hr of napping are more common than the days he gets more than 1.5 hrs. So his total sleep is typically under 12 hrs a day. He does sleep well at night, though. He just rises early. And in case you think I ought to put him to bed early, well, after we put him down he tends to talk to himself for at least 30 min so I don't think putting him down earlier would help. DS is also insanely active during the day. On ridiculously active day he might take a longer nap or go to bed earlier, but when I say that I mean basically non-stop running all morning. He just isn't much of a sleeper or a rester. On the converse side, if we are not doing much or DS is confined to the car much of the day for a trip, he might skip a nap altogether or have a very hard time going to bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

J goes to bed at 9 and unless he's got to be woken up to go to someone to watch him (M, Tu, Fr), he will typically get up right around 7, so about 10 hours.

He takes a nap 99.5% of the time, usually at this point ranging from 2 to 3.5 hours... depending on activity level, quality of sleep the night before, and if we had to wake him to take him to daycare/grandparents to watch him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jericho is still not sleeping through the night. On a good night he only gets up once and it looks about like this...bed 8:30-9pm up at 2am. Bed at 2:15am up for good about 7-7:45am. He takes a 2 hour nap about 50% of the time.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    DS sleeps about 10 hours on average.  He usually goes to bed by 8:00 and wakes up between 6:00 to 7:00.  Usually closer to 6:00.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Sleeps usually 7:30pm to 6:30am and is a good napper.  At DC, he naps 12:30-2:30pm but at home that usually goes to 3:30pm. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He usually "sleeps" an avg of 11 hours...meaning I *put him in bed* between 8-8:30! That doesn't by any means = him going right to sleep though!  Sometimes he's out in less than 5 minutes, and then like last night, he jabbered in his crib for about 45 minutes.  Regardless, during the week, he's up at 7:15 to get ready for DC, and on the weekends he'll sleep until 8-8:30 sometimes.  Naps are from around 1 until 3-3:30 fairly consistently due to his DC schedule. 

• Options
    EVM1216EVM1216 member

DD usually sleeps around 11 hours.  She goes to bed at 8:30 and during the week I go in at 7:15 to wake her up, usually she is still asleep.  On the weekends when I let her "sleep in" she usually wakes between 7:30-8:00.

She also takes a 2-3 hour nap every day.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options

I voted for 11 (7:15p-6:15a).

However, this past week he's been fighting going to bed & waking early, so it's been more like 9.5. ugh.

He takes 1-2 naps per day, which are 1 to 1.5 hours in length each.

* edited b/c apparently I can't do simple math

• Options

I'm not currently working (teacher), so LO has gotten to sleep in the past few weeks and wakes up between 7 and 8.  He goes to bed around 7pm.  So, 12-13 hours of sleep.  When I work, we get up at 5:45.  He takes about an hour nap during the day and sometimes a second nap in the evening (about an hour long.) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He usually sleeps 7-7 (12 hours) at night and naps for 1.5 hours during the day. Every once in awhile he'll stretch it out to a 2-hour nap but not usually.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    M looooves his sleep. He sleeps usually 7:30pm - 8:00am. He takes 1 nap a day ranging from 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours.
    DS: 12-17-10
    DD: 06-10-15 (32 weeker)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTMNTgirl:

This is exactly us. His nap usually starts at 11:30-12:00
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS loves sleep too. I voted 11 hours, though he's usually in his crib a little longer, I figured falling asleep time,etc. He's a great napper - anywhere from 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours from 1-4:30 ish

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    We get 9.5 or 10 hours at night, and one nap of 2 to 2.5 hours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Audrina go to bed at 8 and gets up out of the crib between 7:30 and 8.  I think she usually plays for about 30 min in the morning before making any noise.  She also is a great napper usually from 2 1/2-4 hours.  She loves her sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelulu8109:
    DS sleeps about 10 hours on average.  He usually goes to bed by 8:00 and wakes up between 6:00 to 7:00.  Usually closer to 6:00.
    This is us too, with one afternoon nap at daycare that lasts about 2 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"