December 2010 Moms

Hiring babysitter etiquette

How long do you wait for a response for a babysitter request before moving to someone else? We need a sitter for a wedding this Sunday, and I requested our two fave go-to people a few days ago with nada in return. (usually they're quick to get back to me). I can't afford to wait much longer for a yea or nay. 

How late is too late to issue a babysitter request? 

Re: Hiring babysitter etiquette

• If it is time sensitive to within a week, I think 48 hours is more than enough time to allow for response. I'd probably start at least collecting references, getting contact info for new backups, or for ones you've used before, checking availabilities after 24 hours.  You can't leave yourself scrambling Saturday afternoon trying to find someone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If they normally respond promptly, I'd probably leave another message just to follow-up.  But for something like a wedding, I'd also ask someone to babysit well in advance before the date.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, it was stupid not to get a sitter weeks ahead - but May was kind-of crazy with some family visits & graduations, and a trip out of town, and so I didn't get to it in a timely fashion. I think we may end up having to have just one of us go. Our best sitter finally responded, but doesn't get her work schedule until Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"