3rd Trimester
Options

hiccups low in belly

I have noticed that the baby has hiccups and i feel them very low in my belly - but same place everyday... the rest of the body seems to constantly be rolling - bumps move all over the place - but does this mean that the baby is head down? and the body is just rolling, flipping?  just curious if anyone else has an idea?

thanks!!!

Re: hiccups low in belly

• Options
    I used to feel hiccups up by my ribs and as soon as he flipped I feel them right in pelvis so it probably means you have a head down or transverse baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I started feeling them low in my abdomen/belly right after the night baby made this huge rolling motion all over my belly, around wk 30. The hiccups were really low (right where my baby bump meets pelvic area), sometimes so low I'd feel like my girl bits were spasming (a bit startling at first, now just annoying, lol).

I got to wonder about it for a couple more weeks until my next OB visit, when she confirmed by feeling around that the baby was indeed head-down. I crossed my fingers she stayed that way! Was confirmed again at my 35-wks growth ultrasound. Even now I get those hiccups low, which is reassuring that she's stayed head down all this time since.

So, depending on how low you're feeling them, and not feeling them anywhere else, you may be in the same boat.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hiccups are a referred feeling to us. Meaning that where they are originating doesn't always mean you will feel them in that exact spot. They can be coming from a baby in the head down position and be felt by mom high up, or vise versa. I feel my LOs hiccups all over and she is head down...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    khill86khill86 member

I feel hiccups low in my belly, often low in my pelvis or hips. My baby is head down. I have felt them in the same place on both sides. The side is usually the side the baby's body is on. My OB said that once the baby is head down, and the baby is getting big, their body will shift from side to side, but that's about it.

But I will say, as I'm getting closer to my due date, I can see him having hiccups now and feel them pretty much all over, regardless of which side his body is on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO has been head down for a couple of months now, and just like you I only feel hiccups down low and lots of movement everywhere else. Hopefully that's a good sign for you as well :)
  • Options
    I have felt the same thing.  Head down, hiccups very low, but then the rest of her body seems to move.  I'm guessing that her head stays down, but she may flip from her right side to her left (b/c her butt moves from the left to the right side of my body several times a day). 
  • Options
    Yup, if you are feeling hiccups low then that is where the head must be
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     Mine has frequent hiccups, and I always feel them down low. It's been this way for a few weeks, and at my last appointment (including sonogram) he was still head up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always feel them way down low in my abdomen, every time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I would say yes. I feel mine very low and sometimes it feels like they are in my crotch! Every now and then I feel them in his/her torso (whole body hiccups :) but usually just nice and low where the head is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I felt them very low in my pelvis and thought for sure baby was head down.  Nope, u/s showed she's transverse and her head is on the left side of my midsection.  I still feel them really low so I'm not really sure why at this point.
  • Options
    I think I felt hiccups for the first time last night, very faint though, but in my lower abdomen.  At my last app't she was head down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"