Multiples

SAHM's who use a weekly church nursery/mother's day out

how do you label your bottles/paci's/sippy cups?  I'm not a fan of writing on them with Sharpies or using mailing labels that leave nasty goo behind.

how do you organize your diaper bag?  or do you bring a separate, smaller bag per baby?

We are going to be moving to a new area and the church Dh has been visiting while there has quite a large nursery department. At our previous church the girls just stayed with us since the nursery was more fora few toddlers and older kids (and it was less than 80 people in the congregation so half the time we didn't have a teacher). Until now, I have always color- coded the bottles and paci's for DH's benefit, but I know that method will not work in a room with 10 other babies.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

Re: SAHM's who use a weekly church nursery/mother's day out

• ougrad1ougrad1 member

I use the orbit labels from Inch Bug...Three come per order.  I have a different color for each kiddo.  They are dishwasher proof, too.

https://www.inchbug.com/

Since Hudson and Landry are in the same class, I pack about six diapers, two sippies and a refill of apple juice for them.  They are there 8:30-11:30.  Snacks are provided.

Emerson has her own preschool bag.  I don't send anything as far as food is concerned with her.  She goes the same hours as the babies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I stick a return address label to a piece of Scotch tape and then put the tape on the cup.  Now that my kids are walking, we put their stuff in backpacks and they each love to carry their own tiny backpack (each has diapers and wipes).  When they were babies, we would just take 1 diaper bag with diaps and wipes.
  • Loading the player...
  • cadencaden member
    My church nursery has a roll of masking tape near the check in for labeling stuff. I just write our last name there each week. I don't care if my kids use each other sippies. The tape doesn't leave much of any residue. I only have 1 diaper bag so that stays with our last name written on masking tape for that too. Our nursery has diapers, snacks and toys, so there really isn't a point to me bringing their diaper bag. I just feel like I should leave it there, so I do. My kids don't use pacis anymore, but when they did I just used a paci clip on their clothes.
  • We use the Inchbug labels, too. Love them! (ETA: I use the adhesive ones though, the rectangle ones. They've worked well on sippies, water bottles, snack catchers, Munchie Mugs, etc.)

I did just one diaper bag for both kids until they were almost 3 and started preschool; now they each have their own backpack. I threw in enough diapers and wipes for both of them, change of clothes, and then their bottles/sippies and snack cups had their name labels on them.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • The Orbit labels from Inchbug are great! I have them for DD1 and I just ordered some for the babies. The kids can't get them off, and you can throw them in the DW too. They fit on anything I've tried so far.

Since they are kinda expensive and they come 4 to a pack, I just put both of the twins' names on the ones I just ordered (you can have up to 2 lines). I try to keep their sippys separate at home, but I know they will be switching at school.

I have been debating on one big backpack or 2 of the preschool Pottery Barn backpacks (which are adorable, BTW). Part of me wants each girl to have her own bag, just because it's cute! But, the practical side of me thinks it will be easier to put all the diapers, spare clothes, sippys in one bag. I will probably combine their lunches too. They eat the same thing, so it will probably be easier to just put two of everything in one lunchbag (their preschool is 9-2).

DD1 will, of course, have her own backpack and lunchbag. I have a feeling I'll be the one carrying all the bags, lunches, jackets, and artwork anyway!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I write on sippis and food containers with Sharpie.  If you want to take it off later just use rubbing alcohol.  I pack one diaper bag and label it with masking tape, which they have at Moms Day Out.  We keep our pacis on paci grips and I just put tape labels on those.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all of the help, y'all!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"