3rd Trimester
Options

moving up..& Failed 1 hr GTT

Hi, I am officially in my 3rd trimester..Can't belive how fast it has gone..

Had my 1 hr. GTT today and failed it by 12 points...UGH..I was told to eat normal but since I am not a big breakfast eater..I only had a small glass of milk an hour prior to my test. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the 3 hour is much better and I pass. DH is all worried now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: moving up..& Failed 1 hr GTT

• Options

They had you eat before your test? I had mine in the morning and was told to fast. I failed both by the way. If you only failed by 12 points you will most likely be fine for the 3 hour...the 3 hour just sucks more than the 1 hour.

GL!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kelnyckelnyc member

I did not have to fast. In fact I had egg beaters with cheese and passed no problem.

OP, hopefully you are just one of the many who fail the 1-hour but breeze through the 3-hour. GL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

A lot of people fail the 1 hr, but pass the 3 hr w/flying colors. I failed my 1 hr, but was fasting, which I've heard can throw it off (I could only go in for the test first thing in the AM, and I was going to breakfast with a friend after, so I didn't really eat before the test).

I followed the 3 hr test instructions for food intake the 3 days before test - be sure to do that, don't try to "cheat", it actually can make your results worse/more likely to fail.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had my one hour test at noon time, and I also did the same as you - drank a big glass of milk for breakfast as I was told I could eat and/or drink but to avoid direct sugar. After, I was talking to my mom and I told her what I ate in the morning (thinking I was being slick and because I ate no sugar I'd def pass the test) she said milk was the worst thing I could of drank! It's full of carbs which turn into sugar. I failed the one hour and was so worried! Upon returning to the doctors office for the 3 hour, I asked the Dr if the milk statement was true. She agreed, and said milk is not good for you with all of the carbs, possible hormones and fat (even low fat milk) and that's likely what caused me to fail the first test.

I passed the 3 hour easily. Good Luck!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that.  I know the 3 hr wont be fun, but FX that all is normal.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    You should be just fine... Take the test first thing in the morning. I failed my 1 hour and passed my 3 hour with flying colors ;-) GL
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"