3rd Trimester

Need some Book Ideas

I absolutely love to read but I am currently at a loss trying to find some good books/ book series to get into. I like dystopian novels and urban fantasy. (Am not ashamed to admit I am a huge Hunger Games fan)

Here's some of the books Ive read recently and enjoyed

"Fever Series" by Karen Moning

"Under the Banner of Heaven" John Krakauer

"The Constant Princess" Phillipa Gregory

"Divergent" and "Insurgent" Veronica Roth, 

The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison

Anybody got any suggestions? I will read just about anything. TIA

Re: Need some Book Ideas

• If you like Kim Harrison, I'm assuming you'll read full on SciFi.  I LOVE the Cast In series by Michele Sagara.  I read them like they were CANDY!

Also, for Urban Fantasy, I like C.E. Murphy--at least her early stuff.  And Lillith Saintcrow--though these tend to have a rougher edge.

(I just blazed through the Hunger Games myself.  Though I hated the last 50 pages of Mockingjay...)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! Have not heard of this site but it kinda sounds like the Pandora for books- will check it out
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got some suggestions, but lately a lot of my taste runs towards romantic comedy.  Let me know if you'd like some titles
  • imageanngeewhiz:

If you like Kim Harrison, I'm assuming you'll read full on SciFi.  I LOVE the Cast In series by Michele Sagara.  I read them like they were CANDY!

Also, for Urban Fantasy, I like C.E. Murphy--at least her early stuff.  And Lillith Saintcrow--though these tend to have a rougher edge.

(I just blazed through the Hunger Games myself.  Though I hated the last 50 pages of Mockingjay...)

Yeah- I hear from a lot of people say that about Mockingjay. I felt like the ending was somewhat rushed!! Havent read your suggestions yet so I will have to check them out. Thanks!

• imageBook Lover:
    I've got some suggestions, but lately a lot of my taste runs towards romantic comedy.  Let me know if you'd like some titles

I havent read romantic comedy lately so that would be nice to throw in the mix...

• I love the Dystopian books too...as well as the trilogies. Here are a couple others in that vein that I've read and loved. Both series on on their second...just like the Divergent , Insurgent books which I read too.

Delirium / Pandemonium (by Lauren Oliver)

Matched /Crossed (by Alli Condie)

A Discovery of Witches is Great...it's the first of a trilogy and it's an adult book...this isn't Dystopian...it's more of Witches and Vampires with a more DaVinci Code spin.  The second Novel comes out July 10th so you wouldn't have to wait long in between

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY - the most recent with Spiderman on the cover has a good section on the Hot books/reads for the summer.  Started 500 which got a great review...compared it to the "THE FIRM" so far it's great....downloaded the free 6 chapter preview.

The 50 Shades of Grey books were entertaining if you haven't already read those.  Yes they are a bit naughty but they were Twilight FanFic so you might like...also just read about another series WOOL...which like 50 Shades was self published on Kindle and now the guy is signing an 6 figure deal for the movies.  This is a DYSTOPIAN sify series.  I just down loaded that also.

That should keep you busy :)

• imageMissMusic:

I don't know any of these books, but you can go to Goodreads.com and they give you tons of suggestions.  You can basically rate the books you've read (such as the ones you listed) and it will spit out books, sorted by genre, that you may like based upon your ratings.

I LOVE this site; I've gotten some good suggestions from it and also made a list of books I want to read so I don't forget!

Thanks for posting that site!   

• Have you read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare?  They are YA fantasy type books.  The first one is City of Bones.  I've really enjoyed them.  I love to read too, but my attention span seems to be non-existent lately and I'm having the hardest time getting through books.  It makes me really sad :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you like Dystopian lit then The Passage by Justin Cronin is great! There is a sequel coming out in October , too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"