January 2013 Moms

Tingling and blacking out?

I'm hoping you ladies will have some answers as I have not been able to get a hold of my dr yet today...

Last night I was laying in bed reading and all of a sudden I started getting a tingling sensation in the top of my head and it crawled all the way down past my eyes and then I blacked out for a second? My head hurt afterwards and I still have a bit of a lingering headache :/ anyone ever had this happen to them? 

imageimage image

Re: Tingling and blacking out?

• I've had that happen several times, although not while pregnant.  For me, it's the result of low blood pressure (the way my doctor explained it to me is that when your blood pressure drops, you pass out so that your body ends up in a horizontal position, making it easier for your brain to get the blood flow that it needs).  It's a very bizarre sensation, and I've become cognizant enough of the warning signs that I can usually sit or lay down before I pass out completely.  Hopefully it's something equally benign for you, but it's good that you're checking with your doctor!  
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • I'm glad you're checking with your doctor. Are you getting enough fluids and eating often enough? Pregnancy can really dehydrate you and small, more frequent meals throughout the day help keep blood sugar up.

I'm wondering if you were dehydrated and/or had low blood sugar. When I go to long without eating now I feel really faint.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Loading the player...
  • Pink253Pink253 member

Sounds like low blood sugar to me as well. I'm hypoglycemic and even more so when Im pregnant. I have to keep eating small meals all day or else i feel super faint and sometimes even pass out.

Good thing to check with your doctor. i find sucking on cadies helps keep my blood sugar up and fights nausea as well. 

photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Thanks for the responses ladies. I know I do suffer frOm very very low blood pressure so maybe that's the culprit! I had eaten shortly before and have been drinking bucket loads of water so I don't think that was the cause
    imageimage image
  • My OB finally called me back. She wants me to go to urgent care but the soonest hubby can be home is midnight and my in-laws aren't home :/ not taking my daughter to sit around a bunch of sick people for hours. Guess I'll see how I feel when hubby gets home.
    imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"