September 2012 Moms
Options

Why do people feel the need to tell you how awful the summer months will be

If one person tells me how awful I'll feel and how swolen Ill get in the summer months Im going to scream.

Would you tell a person that has cancer that chemo is gonna suck????

Re: Why do people feel the need to tell you how awful the summer months will be

• Options
    JebergJeberg member
    I'm totally sick of hearing it!! The last time I was pregnant it was through the summer also, so yeah I know it's going to suck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

Maybe they are trying to commiserate.  Some people just don't care if they're being rude either. If anyone has a snappy comeback please post it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJumpin4joy:

Maybe they are trying to commiserate.  Some people just don't care if they're being rude either. If anyone has a snappy comeback please post it!

Ive been saying, thank God for central AC!

• Options
    So annoying.  Especially for me, this time.  My first baby was born in September in freaking TEXAS.  Hotter.  Than.  Hell.  Legit record breaking heat (100+ days of 100+ degree temps).  So it makes me LOL when people up here in northern WI are all "gasp!  The heat!  You're going to DIE!"  Highs here are in the 70s-80s throughout the summer.  Confused
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just tell them "yeah maybe 50 years ago". Every where you go now a days it is climate controlled - work, home, car ..... when all else fails just head to the frozen department at the grocery store.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

DD #1 9/11/10

DD #2 8/28/12

#3 Due 10/8/15

• Options
    Lol.  I think I'm going to start counting the number of these comments I get.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just talking to DH about this last night. He came home complaining that all the guys at work are constantly saying stuff like "oh i can't want until you are up all night with a screaming baby" and stupid stuff like that. And then I was telling him how everyone keeps saying to me "Omg your going to be REALLY pregnant in the middle of summer, Your going to be miserable, I feel so sorry for you, You won't even be able to leave the house." Yes, thank you I know. I have lived in Texas my whole life I know how miserable our summers are. I really could care less, yes it's going to suck but it's a small price to pay to have me awesome baby here at the end of summer. 
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    As if we are all unaware which upcoming months we will be pregnant through... like, no, I thought for sure I'd deliver in Sept, yet somehow skip July and August--thank you, random person, for clarifying the sequence in which the months are laid out. Gah!
  • Options

Argh. I totally agree! I'm also annoyed (as a FTM) with people who give me any unsolicited advice, period. "Oh just wait and see, things are going to be sooo different after baby comes along!" "Oh you're getting new carpet? Baby is just going to puke all over it!" "Oh you need to get rid of your pets if you're having a baby!" etc.

Get out of my face, people! Thanks, it feels good to vent Smile

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

Yeah...I've gotten that a lot, too. I just tell them, "At least this isn't last summer when it was 110+ for most of the summer. You think I'm irritable now, you would've hated my guts last summer."

Not that big of a deal. Summer + pregnancy = my excuse to ask for snow cones multiple times a week. Winning.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got this a lot in the beginning when we were telling people. I understand the annoyance, I just told them, well I guess I will be spending a lot of time in the pool. I was just telling my patient last night when I was due and she went on and on about being pregnant during the hottest time of the year..... I don't think the comments will stop!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagejessk86:
    As if we are all unaware which upcoming months we will be pregnant through... like, no, I thought for sure I'd deliver in Sept, yet somehow skip July and August--thank you, random person, for clarifying the sequence in which the months are laid out. Gah!

LOL!!!!!!!Big Smile 

• Options
    Ugh, this is super annoying! DD is due a day before DS's birthday, so I was pregnant through the exact same seasons last time and I'm STILL hearing about how bad the summer's going to be!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

For the same reason people told me "ooh you're having a Christmas baby??" when I was pregnant with DS. They suck!

And he wasn't even a Christmas baby, for the record, he was born on the 12th people!! 

• Options

I went to the grocery store the other day and the cashier looked me up and down and said "you're going to have a looooong summer."

I just said to her, "well if my feet are going to be all swollen, then I'm glad I get to wear flip flops!" and walked away. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha...it's like, thank you captain obvious. It is still technically may and my car said 120 when I got in, and only got down to 115. This summer would suck pregnant or not.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Personally, I love being of in summer. I'm going to go through a whole season of not worrying about sucking in my stomach while wearing a bathing suit/sundress/etc. 

I don't have to worry about sucking in my belly when I'm wearing a sweater and huge winter coat. Winter is a great time to not be pg, IMHO.  

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Agreed. However, I don't know if I would compare pg to having cancer.... 
  • Options
    Totally. It's not like some of us got to pick when they became pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemlf625:
    So annoying.  Especially for me, this time.  My first baby was born in September in freaking TEXAS.  Hotter.  Than.  Hell.  Legit record breaking heat (100+ days of 100+ degree temps).  So it makes me LOL when people up here in northern WI are all "gasp!  The heat!  You're going to DIE!"  Highs here are in the 70s-80s throughout the summer.  Confused

THIS.  I lived in Arkansas my whole life and have dealt with oppressive mind-boggling summers before.   We move up to NJ and people are all "wait til this Summer...you're going to be miserable in the heat and humidity."  I just stare at them.    Some guy at work the other day was all "it's sooo hot outside! The humidity is killing me."    It was 80 with a humidity level of maybe 50%.   I told them to spend 1 day in Arkansas between March and November and get back to me on what is really considered "hot."      This weather is a cake-walk compared to what I could be dealing with.  

• Options
    I had a mole biopsy today and while the dermatologist was removing my mole he was telling me how horrible it will feel to be pregnant during the summer because apparently HE knows. If he wasn't scraping me with a knife I would've got up and left.
  • Options
    I get it everyday...it is annoying!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get comments like this at least once a day. It drives me crazy. Why do people feel the need to point out something so miserable? I want to retort with something like, "You're quite obese; is summer difficult for you as well?"
  • Options
    I get it everyday too! I just want to smack some of them. I also have coworkers every single day that ask "how are you feeling today?". Well, I was fine yesterday, I'm fine today, I bet I'll be fine tomorrow too. I never had the morning sickness or anything that would make them ask. I'm so sick of all the stupidity! And the weight comparisons. My coworkers who are already moms are like, "you're going to gain a ton of weight. I gained 60 (to 80) pounds when I was pregnant". Good for you! I'm almost 27 weeks and haven't even gained 10 pounds yet. I guess you ate like crap and I'm eating healthy. Just because you hated being pregnant doesn't mean I'm going to! Tongue Tied

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Agreed..I feel like saying "DUH, cant you see Im sweating already!"
  • Options
    I was pregnant with DS1 during the summer and my next door neighbor constantly told me how bad she felt for me and how hot I must be BUT never once invited me to swim in her beautifully cool pool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"