3rd Trimester
Options

Recommend your office appropriate shoes

By 'office appropriate' I mean no flip flops, sneakers, crocks...etc.

I just discovered that I am down to 1 pair of shoes that I can still squeeze my swollen feet into.  I've been from store to store for the past month or two and just can't seem to find much of anything.

It seems as though nothing fits over the top of my foot or digs into it, and if I go 2 sizes up instead of just one, the soles of the shoes look and feel crazy huge.

I'm looking for affordable, preferably sandals and comfortable.  (affordable meaning under $100/pair)

Any recommendations?

Re: Recommend your office appropriate shoes

• Options
    trojastrojas member
    I've been wearing my Tom's these days. They are inexpensive and comfy.

• Options
    My sperry boat shoes.  They're sooooo comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and I've always worn Clark's.  That being said, many of them look like the stereotypical "teacher shoes" but there are also some cute styles.  And they are SUPER comfy!
  • Options
    I'm pulling the pg card and wearing whatever is comfortable, appropriate or not.  Today I have on flip flops.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejfresh:

imagetrojas:
    I've been wearing my Tom's these days. They are inexpensive and comfy.

I definitely can't wear Toms at work, not in any way appropriate for my office. Plus, my swollen feet will not fit in my Toms right now.

I found a dressy black, flat sandal at Target that doesn't have a strap across the top of my foot so those are working right now. I am not swelling "out" as in wider but I am swelling "up" so the tops of my feet are really puffy. I can't find a link on their website but I got them maybe two weeks ago. I would check there!

sounds like exactly whatt i need thanks!
  • Options
    If you can afford it, I love USA Klogs (from Zappos).  Or also on there Softspots.  But I'm into the semi-casual Lands End maryjanes and sneakers.  They can camouflage themselves pretty well at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I actually found that I needed to stick with a chunky, small heel because it feels better on my back.  I tried to go with flats, but they were not supportive enough.  I'd just go with a single pair of black shoes in a size/half size larger.  If you walk done the "comfy" section of DSW, some of them are still sort of cute and office appropriate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Flip flops are a definate no in my office (sandals are ok), but my boss is allowing me to wear flip flops since they are the only thing that fits my swollen feet. So have been wearing different pairs of Yellow Boxes on a daily basis (I have tons).

I  have a hard time finding shoes that fit when I am not pregnant. I have to buy wide size shoes when I am not pregnant and now that I am swelling I can't find anything else that fits me.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I was having major "top" swelling with my usual summer ballet flats, so I've been wearing these to work and they've been pretty comfortable. I got them in wide, partly for swelling and party because I naturally have wide feet.

https://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/savvy/savvy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flip flops are a no in my office too but my boss is allowing me to wear little black ballerina slippers ( found at walmart for $7) they dont have a heel but have a rubber bottom and they stretch extremely well over my swelling feet and comfy too
  • Options

I had the same problem.  I bought a couple of pairs of flats at Burlington Coat Factory.  I'm giving up on sandals in the office for the summer.  I did buy some nice flipflops for the weekends though.

I have a TON of cute shoes that I'm praying I still fit into after LO is born!

• Options
    I got a pair of tan, low pump Aerosoles at DSW (prob around $50), that are wider than normal and probably my most comfortable shoes right now.  I wear them almost every day to the office.
  • Options

imagecoromble:
    I'm a teacher and I've always worn Clark's.  That being said, many of them look like the stereotypical "teacher shoes" but there are also some cute styles.  And they are SUPER comfy!

I love Clarks!  They fit my feet better than any other brand.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    I have Sketchers Mary Janes that I bought a few years ago for working trade shows and jogging across airports on business travel. I've been wearing them religiously as they look dressy at first glance but have the soles and  comfort of sneakers. However, I would like to find some comfy sandals just to give my feet some breathing room. I'll have to check out the Target ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Flip flops... They can deal.
  • Options
    I have some naturalizer violette flats that are appropriate for my office which is pretty professional.  They are feeling tight now, but if I had one size up they would be perfect.  You should be able to get them for $70 or so.
  • Options
    I just picked up a pair of naturalizer mary janes a 0.5 size up from my normal.  I put some inserts in for better arch support as they are really flat & I'm used to a bit of a heel and that seem to be working, though it owuld be nice to have more than one pair of work shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"