January 2013 Moms

Lanie22

Hi! Our anniversary trip went well.  We went to one of our local beaches, we stayed Friday night and we were going to stay Saturday, but when we talked to our daughter on the phone that night she asked "When are you going to come pick me up?"  I felt horrible!  So we ended up coming home and going over to my parents first thing on Sunday to get her. 

How was your anniversary?

I just saw you live in AZ.  What part? My SIL is in Queen Creek.  We love it there!  I would love to live out there, warm weather year round, no bugs...but I don't know if my husband would be up for it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lanie22

• lanie22lanie22 member

Hi!  Glad you enjoyed the beach and at least got one night away!  Aw, I can only imagine how hard it was to hear her ask for you to come get her! 

We "celebrated" on Friday by taking the day off, going to the movies, hanging out by our pool and a nice dinner.  It wasn't really what we had wanted to do (we really wanted to spend the weekend in either San Diego or Vegas) but with my mandatory work trip, we did what we could.  It was still nice, but I did pout all day on Saturday while flying to New Orleans!

We actually live about 35 mins from Queen Creek, in Awhatukee, which is basically on the west side of I 10 from Chandler and the East Valley cities.  We've been here 3 years and actually looked at homes in Queen Creek when we first moved out here!  Phoenix is growing on me, but it was a big transition from the South to here.  It's definitely GORGEOUS during the winter/early spring, but summers are sooo brutal!  We're already in the 100's and I'm already over it!  LOL.  Overall, we enjoy living here.  So much to do!

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aww! Your Friday night sounds like a lot of fun.  I would have pouted if I had to leave for work on Saturday too.

That's my SIL says about it getting hot, but when we ask her if they'll ever move back east she says "never!" We have been there in January (it rained most of the week we were there..it was the most rain they had gotten in years), November and March... never in the summer. This year they are making the trip out to us in September so I am hoping Fall 2013 we will make it there again.   I just wish we lived closer, Skyping isn't the same as seeing one another in person. 

Is all your family down south?

• Loading the player...
  • lanie22lanie22 member

It's crazy how quickly you get acclimated to the heat (I literally freeze if it's below about 70, crazy I know!) and especially the very low humidity!  I grew up with humidity and now I can hardly breathe when I go home in the summer!  I do admit though, my hair and skin was in much better shape living in humidity.  The extreme dryness kills my skin.  You really should try to come out to AZ in the summer at least once - it's definitely an experience!  Feb/March though are probably my favorite months out here.

I know what you mean about wishing you lived closer to family!  I try to get home 3-4 times a year and skype when we can, but it's difficult.  My parents and youngest brother (and most of my extended family) are in Southwestern Virgina.  My other brother (I'm the oldest) lives with his wife and my niece just outside of Charlotte, NC.  My niece turns 1 this June.  I've always wanted our kids to grow up as close as we were with our cousins, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that will be happen, at least for the next 5 or so years.  I'm so close to my family and it is very hard sometimes to be so far away!  Especially now that LO is coming, it's been very hard on my parents (especially my Mom) too.

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can only imagine!  The majority of DH's family is in DE , MD and NJ and my parents are in MD so we see them quite a bit.  Whenever my H talks about moving I remind him how lucky we are to have sitters whenever we need them.  That's wonderful you get home so often!  

I agree Skype isn't the same..and trying to explain to a three year old why we can't just go over to Aunt Kim's house is hard too.  Whenever we have one of our Skype chats, Cecilia asks "Mommy, can I go play with Asher?" (My nephew in AZ).  It breaks my heart!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"