September 2012 Moms
Options

A rant and perspective (nursery and baby's heart)

So DH has been procrastinating like mad on painting the nursery.  He started painting around the trim yesterday, then got frustrated at how poorly it was going on and decided to tackle it another day.  I got kind pissed at him last night about it, and he got mad saying he still had a lot of time left and that he's already stressed out as it is (working crappy hours at work, trying to quit smoking, general anxiety about pending fatherhood).  I apologized for lashing out (though I'm still irked that he just won't finish it, and insists on doing it himself).  

Maybe some of my anger was related to fears about this morning's fetal heart echo test.  The doctor had ordered it since I'm higher risk for GD (even though I still haven't had a bad glucose test yet), and naturally I was nervous about everything being OK.  Fortunately everything looked great and they said there would be no need to follow up or anything, and I got more extra-long time staring at the little jumping bean on the monitor.  It makes me realize it's silly to be fretting over getting the room done even though we're still months away, however, how do I tell my brain to stop stressing over it?  I just want to be able to build the furniture and start putting stuff away, yanno? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A rant and perspective (nursery and baby's heart)

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

Hey - you're further ahead than we are, so maybe that will let you calm down.  haha.  You have three months - give or take - to have it done.  I know you want it done NOW, but you'd rather have it done correctly - whenever that may be. 

I'm glad everything looks fine with your L/O :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got tired of badgering my husband so I hired a painter. I cost me $110 and that included the paint!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSage4200:
    I got tired of badgering my husband so I hired a painter. I cost me $110 and that included the paint!

On that same line of thought, I'm tempted to go in and make some more progress with it, but I'm trying to respect his wishes to do it himself.  If it was August, I would go ahead and do it, but I'll give him some more time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so happy for you that baby is fine. 

I understand your frustration about the nursery.  I have been going round with my SO because I'd like it to be painted and go all out.  He doesn't want to paint and doesn't see a need to decorate.  ARGH! He doesn't get why I need a rocker either. Otherwise he totally supportive. I just don't get it.

• Options
    imageDerpityDog:

imageSage4200:

On that same line of thought, I'm tempted to go in and make some more progress with it, but I'm trying to respect his wishes to do it himself.  If it was August, I would go ahead and do it, but I'll give him some more time. 

Aw yeah, give him time - they get to do so much less than we do when it comes to pregnancy/getting ready for baby.  I would be hurt if I were the dad and this was taken away from me!  It's good practice for kids...they might not do it as well as we could, but you gotta let them try;)

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"