December 2010 Moms

Injuries/mom of the year award...

So, I lead my kid into the bathroom for hand washing before lunch and start examining the reason the door won't open all the way (DH's clothes and shoes in a big pile behind door.)  I hear the thump/clang/scream and look up to see that Nate has fallen head first into our deep, ceramic bathtub.  I guess he hit his head first and then his feet flipped over so he was lying on his back screaming.  Thankfully, it was an empty tub.  I pick him up and DH comes flying in there.  I feel bad because all I did was bite off DH's head about the mess behind the door and basically blaim my inattentiveness on him.  It took awhile for it to really show up, but Nate's entire cheek is one big bruise. 

My kid also has bruises and scrapes all over his legs.  Sigh.  We do play outside every day and I don't hover as much as I used to.   Does your child look like someone should call CPS too?  Is mine just uncoordinated?  I feel bad taking him out because people comment - "Oh, what did you do to your head little boy?" - I'm like, I swear it's not my fault!  I really do take care of him!  I could blame it on daycare during the schoolyear...but now, not so much.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Injuries/mom of the year award...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"