3rd Trimester

Anyone else have an odd appetite right now?

So this is how my day goes. I wake up in the morning, absolutely famished. Perfectly normal. I eat a small breakfast, and maybe a snack before lunch. Then, usually in the middle of my lunch, I start to completely lose my appetite. To the point where I literally have to force myself to eat snacks or dinner. Then around 9 at night I am nauseous, until around 1 or 2 in the morning. I then wake up at around 7 or 8 and repeat. This has been going on for 2 weeks almost. I haven't had any midnight sickness or really been nauseous at all my whole pregnancy. I'm quitting my job at the end of this week, and I'm worried that without the schedule, I won't eat enough. I have been gaining weight like crazy. Then between week 30 doctor appointment and week 32 doctor's appointment, I didn't gain a single pound. And he told me before I should expect to gain around 10 more pounds. If I don't keep my appetite up, I will be losing weight instead. I'm over reacting probably, but I really don't know where my appetite ran off to.
BabyName Ticker image

Re: Anyone else have an odd appetite right now?

• I go through periods of this. The big thing I do is not always something that takes a ton of work to eat (i.e. raw veggies or oatmeal). I keep healthy, high protein snacks on hand like yogurt, cheese, nuts and make sure I am super on top of my vitamins at least. Then I will eat cooked veggies or juice my veggies so I am not feeling like I am spending a ton of time eating.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but I do understand the no appetite. I try to make eating easier and a bit more enjoyable so that I at least get everything I need for me and LO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I find I have more of an appetite in the morning.  After lunch, I don't eat as much.  Some nights I have more of a snack than a dinner. 

Also, my doctor said that at this point in my pregnancy, I should be gaining about 1 pound every two weeks.  Some weeks it might be less and some more, as long as the average looks good.  I was gaining at a faster rate earlier in my pregnancy. So I think at this point, maybe it levels off a bit.  I also heard that a lot of women drop a few pounds close to the very end.

Just eat small meals and snacks several times and day take your vitamins and I'm sure you'll be fine. 

• Loading the player...
  • My appetite has kind of been strange too.  I either have no appetite and don't want to eat much of anything or I want to binge and eat a ton of random things, there is really no in between for me! HA
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"