Babies: 6 - 9 Months

XP: Can I use cloth diapers to swim in?

Figured I might get more responses here!

I posted a few days ago about getting reusable swim diapers. Thanks for the advice. Based on the answers, I will be ordering the iplay from amazon. I saw that zulily has some Royal Fluff cloth diapers on sale today. It got me thinking...could I use those to swim in? I'm not familiar with the cloth diapers but could I use this without the inserts under his bathing suit?

https://www.zulily.com/e/royal-fluff-053112.html?pos=0

Otherwise I was planning on ordering the iplay swim diaper from amazon. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: XP: Can I use cloth diapers to swim in?

• I think the swim diapers have to be water-proof....don't know if the ones you mentioned above are or not.  Forgive me for not being more helpful!  We just signed up for swim lessons today and they said that we could use the disposable swim diapers or plastic ones (plastic liner)....whatever that means. 
  • You dont need a special swim diaper. I just use my GroVia shells with no insert on both kids. As long as it contains poo that is all that matters really :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mbf124mbf124 member

imageMoozilla11:
    You dont need a special swim diaper. I just use my GroVia shells with no insert on both kids. As long as it contains poo that is all that matters really :)

This. Swim diapers are just poop catchers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    imagembf124:

imageMoozilla11:
    You dont need a special swim diaper. I just use my GroVia shells with no insert on both kids. As long as it contains poo that is all that matters really :)

So if I order these from zulily it will catch the poo and can be washed?

• JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    imageLalaMama81:
    imageJKTTC1:
    imagembf124:

imageMoozilla11:

So if I order these from zulily it will catch the poo and can be washed?

Yep, just don't use the inserts. They'll work fine. Swim diapers aren't waterproof. 

Thanks! I'll order these since they snap off on both sides.

p

• The chlorine will effect the waterproofness of the diaper. It will continue to work fine as a swim diaper but it will not work as a regular diaper afterwards, but it sounds like you don't use cloth anyway. Just don't resell it on craigslist or something to someone who wants to use it as a regular diaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member

imageceliabwatson:
    The chlorine will effect the waterproofness of the diaper. It will continue to work fine as a swim diaper but it will not work as a regular diaper afterwards, but it sounds like you don't use cloth anyway. Just don't resell it on craigslist or something to someone who wants to use it as a regular diaper.

I only plan to use it as a swim diaper! Not reselling anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"